Alfie

I walked away from the shop confused as to why I had even left the house. I had become so flustered by my encounter with Zoe that for a second I kind of just forgot everything. Then I remembered that I was going out to meet up with Marcus and hang out. 

Well I definitely had a lot to tell him now. 

We met up and walked down to the beach. I sat down on a large rock and sighed. "I just wonder if she'll come by the shop or not." That was my biggest worry, that even though she told me she would see me again, she would forget and not come by or anything. 

"She seems really into you from what you've told me. I don't think you have to worry about it," Marcus said as he picked up a rock and went over and threw it in the water. I followed behind him. 

"How long do you think I'll have to wait?" I asked. I was the worst person I knew at being patient. I didn't think I could last that long. I would just get really down and think she didn't even like me at all. 

"Not long mate, not long." 

It turned out Marcus was right because I only had to wait three days. Of course those three days were some of the most excrutiating days of my life, but once they were over I couldn't have been more relieved. 

Leading up to that fourth day, I spent everyday at work thinking and wondering about when Zoe would come. Every time the door opened, I hoped it would be her and it wasn't. Until that one day that it was her. 

My heart lept as she walked in, but I tried to remain calm. "Caramel latte for Susan," I said with a shaky voice as I set the drink on the counter and walked over to the register. "So you have come back," I said with a smile. 

"Of course I had. I couldn't just stay away," she said smiling back. My heart lept yet again; I couldn't stop it. 

"I get off in twenty minutes." 

"I'll be waiting at that table," she said pointing to a table in the far corner enveloped in sunlight. She sat down and looked absolutely gorgeous as the sun shone against her skin. Those twenty minutes were the longest twenty minutes of my life. 

xxx