Heaven

The gentle breeze would only, really, have been noticeable if you examined the light swaying of the treetops as the wind brushed against the small and delicate lush green leaves.

The cluster of busy people walking along the street would soon be informed of the upcoming inconveniences this harmless breeze would cause.

Before being informed however, many would realise it themselves and hasten the speed at which they would execute their daily, unproductive tasks to then speedily get to work. The speed of the wind would gradually increase as the sky morphed from its cool blue hues to a fiery orange sky, occasionally splattered with neon pink streaks.

The view from my small, glass framed window as I watched this scene unfold was perfect to me. It provided a good view of the main street that stood directly opposite my apartment block, The People called it the 'Community Area.'

The deceptively perfect glass buildings stood high on both sides of a perfectly sculpted street, one with a deep black road sandwiched between two pearly white pavements. The road ahead was considered the outermost road of the city, and in turn, the small streets behind the tall buildings on the left side were as far as anyone could go. After that there was a small stretch of bare land, littered with a few trees, before the ground stared to become uneven, and fog would engulf anyone that dared to lay foot there.

The whole city was surrounded by this mist, but the reassurance of The People helped us all forget about any potential dangers lying beyond this thick fog.

The overall shape of the city's buildings seemed to be like a dome reaching up to the sky, starting with smaller buildings around the edge, that were pretty tall in their own right, leading towards a huge skyscraper that stood in the middle of the city.

All the buildings were designed with a purpose, which was quite clear judging by the architecture of each building in their specialised sections.

The city seemed harmonious from the eyes of the birds as they soared through the orange skies, but there was a lot more that what met the eye. I liked to think of it as the city being divided into 5 individual pieces. First, the circular city was split into four equal slices if you drew a plus sign right in the centre of the circular city.

The bottom left area was where I was currently situated, the Housing Area. As with every other area the houses started of smaller at the border, for the less wealthy, and ended with large, towering buildings at the city's centre. Rings that were the streets divided the houses from the next class. In my area, the outermost one, deep grey glass coated the whole cylinder shaped building as it rounded of into a dome at the top. As you went further in, the building seemed to change from a deep coal gray to a light blue-ish grey, and finally a pure white. Each apartment in my ring was identical, and fitted everyone's needs as most people here did the same jobs. As well as the overall class system, everyone that cared acknowledged that the people living in the dome at the top of the block were the closest to the next class, in this case, it was my family.

The upper left slice which I was just staring at was called the 'Community Area.' It was a prison without cells. The routine of whoever worked there consisted of waking up in the Housing Area, commuting to the Community Area, and getting payed ever 4th Friday. Family and love were also a part of life, but no more important than work. The buildings were a sleek black colour and slightly shorter than the housing buildings, but it was rumoured that there were extra facilities underground for special projects. The rumours were quickly shut down by The People, denying that there were secret projects nobody knew about, but they did mention underground facilities. Building underground wasn't uncommon as we were all preparing for the sudden increase of population that was to be expected soon.

The upper right area was the oldest and the first one to be constructed, our ancestors clearly didn't know what they were doing. The structures range from cream coloured concrete columns that support uselessly big archs as entryways to huge museums, to wooden open-plan structures with big red curtains, leaving the upcoming performances to each spectator's imagination. The shades of colours varied hugely, but they mostly stuck to warm hues. The older generations kept saying the area had 'character,' whatever that meant. Those structures would, thankfully, only be found in the outer areas of the sector. The more sophisticated areas around the core are now littered with cafes and malls, as a rendez-vous place for everyone.

The bottom right section was my favourite, the Research and Education, or R and E area. It was the complete opposite of the Entertainment area, with it's occasional colourful signs and open areas called theatres that were a waste of space. The R and E area was full of blue and off-white buildings, stretching higher than all other sections. The pure sophistication was refreshing.

Even though the architecture was superb for all sections, naturally, the most time was spent on the towering skyscraper that stood in the middle of the city. This was my fifth section. It had exquisite architecture that seemed to make use of every part of the never ending cylinder shaped building, enabling it's multifunctional purposes.

The lower half was used for school, the main educational building of the city. Every child would step foot in this building when they turned 12, and if you were lucky enough, you would do that everyday until you'd turn 18. All the students accepted into the school were expected to work in the R and E sector, basically the ones that could use their brains. All the other, usually strong and children of the poorer people, would go to specialised schools in the inner part of the Community Area.

And that was my city, Heaven.