First Impressions:

When Mr. Barnum let my sister and i into his museum to join them as Acrobats, we where beyond thrilled, we had finally found a place where we could belong. we felt at home with everyone that had been chosen to be part of the museum and we all quickly became a family.

Anne and i were performing our last act, when i first noticed the difference within my sister, i was standing in the centre of the building looking up at my sister, who was gracefully showing everyone what she could do, it was the part of the show i knew she loved the most, she always had fun showing off her talents. Now all Anne had to do is swing from the right to the left side of the room before dropping down to land next to me, which she had done so many times before.

So imagine my confusion, when she did exactly that but landed with a small stumble, not enough for anyone but me and her to catch on, and had a questioning and confused face on, before quickly smiling and bowed to the crowd as they cheered and we walked off to the back of the building.

Deciding i should say something i asked, "are you okay anne? you look a little off..." we where just waking though the large opening to the back of the building when a voice cut my sister off from replying to me.

" W.D.! ANNE!, i'd like for you to meet my new hire, Mr. Philip Carlyle." Mr Barnum spoke from the top of the stairs and quickly made his way down with a man i assumed to me Mr Carlyle, who was stumbling a bit, quickly moving out of the way of objects being moved around before they both stopped in front of my sister and i, Mr Barnum was smiling as he always did but Mr Carlyle looked at my sister in what i could see was Shock and Awe, i looked at Anne who had the same face, with a little blush.

I turned back to Carlyle and Barnum, who was had a knowing look on his face looking at the two as i stared confused before putting my hand out to shake Carlyle's hand, he did the same. I was expecting my sister to be shy and cautious as she always was when meeting new people, she had always been the type to keep to herself, but to my shock she actually spoke up, and confidently to...

" And what is your act Mr Carlyle?" she asked, unwrapping her wrists from their cloth rapping, not even greeting the man. i stared at her in shock as Carlyle stared speechless.

" I don't have an act." Carlyle finally confessed to my sister, who smirked at him and looked into his eyes, something 'us people' where not to do... it shocked me to see her doing this, she was always a rule obeyer, scared to brake any, what happened...

" Everyone's got an act." she stated still smirking at him and casually walking past us all to the change rooms, i turned to see Carlyle staring at my sisters departing back and Barnum Grinning madly at his new hire.

well that made a surprising first impression...