Chapter 1

Authors note•

I first want to say that this story is totally inspired by @masonfitzzy with his book "family comes first" I really fell in love with the story so I decided to remake it. Please go check out their book before reading mine, I want to give them full credit! this is also the first book i have ever written, so, wish me luck:)

It was another Friday night spent at the bar, I was used to this however. I've spent every Friday, Saturday and Sunday here for the last two years.
It was almost opening time and as I was tying up my long, blonde hair the music started thumping. I took in a deep breath and whispered to myself "you can do this". I tied up my apron and started serving the usual older men. It was a slow night, or so I thought. My co-worker had a 50$ bill sticking out of her pocket.
"Hey! Angie! can you come here!?" I hollered at her. She made her way over to me and before she could even opened her mouth and begged her to tell me where she got that money from. she whispered in my ear
"There's a creepy old man asking questions about our lives of waiters. I'm not sure why the hell, but he pays well"
"Thanks" I replied, letting a wink end our conversation. I hurried up to the man.
"Hello sir" I said smiling "have you been helped yet?"
"Yes" he replied kindly
"Okay, just let me know if you need anything", i said shyly as I started to walk away, upset that I wasn't going to get an extra tip, when i felt a light tap on my shoulder. I shot around, startled to see the old man standing behind me.
"Actually ma'am, if you could answer a few questions for me, I'll pay you 50$".
"Sure, okay!" I replied eagerly, I really needed the money, what could happen?
"Take a seat then" he added and from there the questions flew at me
"Are you single?"
"Yes"
"Are you straight?"
"Yes..?"
"What is your age?"
"19, I turn 20 in June"
"What's your name?"
"My name is Lillian"
"Do you live with your parents, Lillian, you are quite young"
"No. My dad was never around and my mom didn't want me"
"I'm sorry to hear that, thank you for your time" he slipped a 50$ bill across the table. I snatched the bill, nodded my head and hurried away.
"Lillian!" My boss hollered at me
"Yes jacklyn?"
"Take out the trash! Stat!"
"Alright" I rolled my eyes and headed to the back room. I grabbed the trash bag. Damn did that smell. I never liked taking the trash out, it was cold outside and the trash was smelly, but if I wanted to stay off the streets, I would have to do it. I made my way over to the large green dumpster with many thoughts in my head. When I finished heaving the trash into the bin I felt a light prick on the back of my neck. Assuming it was some type of bug from the trash I slapped the back of my neck but felt something hard. I turned around to see it was a needle! I couldn't believe it... how could this happen?
"Goodnight Lillian" that voice was so familiar... but who could it be?
My thoughts started to doze off, and so did I. My world had become black, and I fell to the ground.