T.A.R.D.I.S.

She fell, Down and down watching the fire rage above within the beaten blue box. She continued to fall. How high was she?  Two thousand feet, maybe. Shed fallen nearly five hundred. 

 Her thought was concentrating on the fall, no stuck in her past final moment. A strong Scottish voice rattling in her head. "Never be cruel, never be cowardly and never eat pears!" She suddenly remember the situation she was in. She looked behind her to see the quite night of a city, which was unclear.  "Remember, hate is always foolish," She looked up, "and love is always wise." She saw something falling from the fire. A piece of wood? It was falling faster then her, what was it, by now she'd reach peak momentum. 

  She looked behind herself again to see what was below, she was reaching the ground. Not far to go. Not long to her death. "Always try to be nice," she calculated that she was less then fifteen seconds from hitting the cold cobbles of the city. The falling item reached her, it was an umbrella. She closed her eyes. Time stopping around her she plans what to do. Eye brows flickering quickly as she fell slowly.  "but never fail to be kind". She reached out grabbing the umbrella, she rolled her feel down and pulled the umbrellas lever. The umbrella opened, instantly causing drag to slow her down. She braced slowing down starting to hover down to the floor. She looked to her left to see in the distance Elizabeth's tower. She was reaching the floor, wet cobbled below her feet, she was heading straight for a railing outside a house. 

 Bang she landed straight into the railing. She fell to the floor along side slouched on the cobbles. She stayed still for a few minutes till she heard a door slam. She looked up behind her to find two children starring straight at her. The smallest a boy, brown hair freckled face and deep blue eyes, the second a slightly taller girl brown hair freckled face withe same deep blue eyes. 
 The little girl smiled with a bold young voice she asked the stranger "Who are you?" The stranger gave a confused smile, about to speak then the voice in her head spoke again. "Oh, and you mustn't tell anyone your name. She replied, in a confused west Yorkshire accent. "I'm the Doctor!" The children looked at her. "Doctor we didn't want a doctor. We need a nanny!" The Doctor smiled "Nanny?" Thinking of what she new of human history.  Well I'm Marry Poppins, You are?" The boy replied "I'm Michael Banks, and this is my sister Jane Banks."

 The Doctor smiled raising her hand having to pull her coat back so her hand was visible. " Nice to meet you, erm... Can i come in?" The kids nodded, the Jane looked at her brother and back to the doctor. "You'll have to speak to farther first." "Well then take me to him."

 Michael grabbed the doctor hand dragging her up the steps to the blue door. The doctor paused at the blue door. She looked up. No longer able to see the burning fire in the sky. They opened the door. 

 The doctor walked in to an grand hallway, nearly walking into the wooden coat stand, she stopped. Remembering back to one she had, with a brown coat and leather jacket. She muttered to herself 'Bad wolf'. She pulled her coat off putting it on the stand, revealing the battered black waist coat and white muddy shirt. The kids continued to drag her, through a door less door way to a mans study. Books stacked on selves. None of them fiction. All collections of dictionary or accounting books and encyclopedia editions one, two and three. 

 A small man turned on his chair. He was small, wearing a black boring suit, very bland face with no hair on his head. He didn't have deep blue eyes like the children just grey eyes. He spoke with authority. "Children whose this?" Jane replied "She's a nanny farther." "A nanny dressed like that?" The doctor replied, "And what should a nanny wear. This is my smartest clothes. They all wear clothes like this in France!" Mr Banks paused "Children get along, Ill talk to the Mrs?" "Poppins, Marry Poppins." The children left as the Doctor announced herself. "So you need a nanny?" "Yes tonight preferably. 

No one would understand it anyway... except... except children. Children can hear it, sometimes, if their hearts are in the right place, and the stars are too, children can hear your name. [groaning, forcing himself to his feet] But nobody else. Nobody else, ever. Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind