~Four~

Bryleigh

I almost spit my drink across the table.

"I don't think I heard you right. I'm having a what?!?" I hoped I had heard him wrong.

"Your having an Arranged Marriage darling. I have to pick the finest man for you." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"I can pick someone for myself, thank you." I said. I was almost done with him pretending to care about me.

"No. I will be picking your groom, and then there is nothing you can do about it." He said setting his tea down.

Noor and I both stood up from the table.

"Excuse us." I said while walking out of the room, Noor followed.

We went to my room and sat on my bed.

"What the crap is he thinking?" I said at the verge of tears.

"It's ok Bry. I won't let him boss you around like this. It's not acceptable." She said hugging me.

We took turns changing in the bathroom and then laid on my bed and watched tv.

Next morning I was awakened by a knock in the door.

"Come in." I said. My eyes were still adjusting to the sunlight.

"Hello Bryleigh. Your having brunch with the Fuller's today." Macey said stepping in and shutting the door.

"The who's?" I said slowly standing up.

"The Fuller's. They have a son. Your father thinks he is a great candidate." She said.

"Oh. Uh..yeah. Ok." I said looking out the window.

"What time is it?" Noor said moving her head.

"10. I have brunch with a family today." I said running my eyes.

"Oh. I definitely won't be staying for that." She said standing up.

After Noor left I took a shower, did my hair and put on some makeup.

"I'm ready." I said coming out of the bathroom. Macey was politely waiting for me.

"Beautiful." She said.

"It's just shorts, a shirt and a cardigan. Nothing too special." I said checking my outfit.

"They're here. Are you ready?" She said.

"I guess." I said opening the door.

We walked down stairs to see my dad, another couple and a guy about my age.

"Hello. The name's Aiden." He said taking a bow.

"Umm...hi. Im Bryleigh." I didn't know if I should bow too, so I just stood there.

"I have plans made for you two. You will have brunch here." My dad said shaking Aiden's dads hand.

After I showed Aiden around the mansion we went to the dining room.

"So..." I didn't know what to say.

"What are your plans for the future?" He asked.

"Get out of- I mean, go to college and get a degree." I said. I rethought that answer real quick.

"Astonishing." He said.

We then ate and he left.

"He was a nice young man." My dad said as he shut the door.

"Uh...Sure?" I said.