enemy lines

enemy lines ; zhang yixing

"i swear i will keep you safe."

or in which a twenty one year old soldier of the chinese army, who is an "honorary aryan" in nazi germany, falls in love with a jew.

-

C A S T 

zhang yixing as himself. the twenty one year old soldier who has grown up living both in china and nazi germany. he comes from a military family and was expected from birth to become a soldier. 

denisse franco as bettina sitniski

denisse franco as bettina sitniski. an eighteen year old girl from a jewish family whose life is turned upside down when tensions against the jews in germany escalate.

 an eighteen year old girl from a jewish family whose life is turned upside down when tensions against the jews in germany escalate

-

okay, but none of you should dare to deny that yixing looks so good in a military uniform. also, i had been wanting to write a wwii themed story for a long time now. then i remembered that there are pictures of yixing in military attire and i thought i would use him as my main.

this idea came to me when i was reading about chinese involvement in nazi germany. yes, you read that right. so i'm a big history nerd. i got my university degree in history, as well as spanish.

but i randomly just like to read historical stuff. so i was reading about nazi germany and found information about the chinese. apparently there was this thing called an "honorary aryan" which was your rank if you were chinese and were loyal to the nazi party. the chinese contributed a lot.

so i thought it would be interesting to write a story about it.

also i'm using a mexican face claim because i tried to find german ones with dark hair and dark eyes, and it was difficult. plus, mexicans are highly versatile because we come in all shapes and colors. denisse franco was crowned miss mexico in 2017 and competed for miss universe in 2017. but it was said that she was a flop. following that, there was this big feud with her and lupita jones (representing mexico, crowned miss universe in 1998 or 99 i dont remember).

denisse was being mentored by lupita jones and managed by jones to win the pageant. but denisse claims that lupita abandoned her the moment things started to look rough. jones retaliated by saying that franco was just ungrateful.

but anyway, i hope you all like the story.

-clary