Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I do not own RWBY, RWBY and its characters belong to Rooster teeth and Monty Oum.

I do, however own this story

Ren popped Nora's shoulder back into place, she, yelped, then groaned in relief, aura already easing the pain. Nora pulled him into an embrace, "Thank you, Ren." It was one of those rare moments where the overly excitable girl wasn't in some emotional extreme, but the hug was still the breath stopping hug of Nora. Ren winced, he could feel the ligaments connecting his wrist slowly rebuilding themselves. The world they live in would be impossible if not for the help of aura. "Let's get back to the fight!" Exclaimed Nora.

"Your shoulder still needs to heal, you might dislocate it again if you keep fighting." Responded Ren, unable to escape her grasp... at least being pressed against Nora's chest wasn't unpleasant.

Jaune walked past them and to the edge of the grassy cliff, hand holding his aching side. He surveyed the battlefield; the ground was sprinkled with ashes - a great fertilizer when composted. The sounds of gunshots were growing less frequent by the minute, as team RWBY tracked down and slaughtered the fleeing grimm. The four girls demonstrated skills honed over a decade. Suddenly, the distant gunfire ceased; there wasn't a single creature in the area. He turned to the rest of his group, "Mission accomplished" he announced awkwardly, having been out of the fight for the last third of the battle. He the winced as something moved in his side. Needless to say, the feeling of your bones fusing themselves together can be... uncomfortable.

Ruby somersaulted over the edge and landed, scythe still extended. She spun Crescent Rose into it's compact form, clipped it to her belt, then bowed, flourishing the blood red cloak. Jaune backed away and bumped into Pyrrha while trying to avoid decapitation.

"And that's how you hunt." Stated Ruby, cockily..."Right team?" She looked around for WBY.

"Team?"

Meanwhile, in the Forests near the cliff:

Blake and Yang made eye contact, it was time to settle a bet. Yang broke their diamond formation (a formation that was already broken as Ruby sped ahead) to whisper in Weiss's ear, "We need to talk, in private." And grabbed her. They snuck off and waited, and their leader was none the wiser.

"What do you need?" Asked the Ice Queen Impatiently after a few seconds. "And why can't we discuss this with the whole team?"

"Because we need to talk about Ruby." Blake responded calmly.

"The two of you spend a lot of time with each other, even though most people think you can't stand each other. What are your intentions for my little sister?" Yang accused.

Weiss was confused. Were they worried that she would exploit Ruby's genius engineering skills for the SDC? "My intentions... I don't know what you could possibly mean. You two are the ones talking behind her back!"

Blake thought of a way to lead Weiss, then grinned.

"I'm just here to confirm what I already know. Besides being near each other nearly every waking moment, I've seen you watching her as she sleeps, and sometimes, when you are in her presence, you smile."

"What? I'm not fatally attracted to that dolt, we're just friends." Weiss shot back, icy façade melting.

"You are forgetting about my ears, I can hear your heart speed up around her, and I didn't say anything about fatal attraction."