Chapter One

Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Garrett and this is my story. It was the summer of 2016. I was 13 years old and my mom took me to a camp called Camp Knight. I had been assigned to a cabin with a kid named Josh. We quickly became friends, telling stories of different camps. It was when it was lights out when it happened. I woke up to the sound of shuffling and scratching. I got my pocket knife and went to the door and opened it. There appeared to be nothing there. I took a second look outside and then went back inside. Then, something jumped out of the shadows at me when a dark figure came out and stabbed it with a stake, turning in into dust.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem; Josh, why are you here?" the mysterious man replied.

"What's happening?" I said, frightened.

"Go with Josh," he told me.

Once we were finally alone, I asked him, "What happened?"

"You'll know when we get there," he said.

I told him okay, still scared.

The guy that saved us then said, "My name is Nick by the way. Josh here is part of a secret group of hunters."

"So what exactly do you guys hunt?" I asked Nick.

"Tell you when we get there," Nick said.

Then, we finally arrived at a large building that was white and two stories tall. Nick told us to come in. I went in to see 4 other people. One was a scraggy looking kid sharpening an ax, the next a girl hitting a punching bag, and then a kid typing on his laptop.

Nick said, "The scraggy guy is Axel, the girl is Natasha and the kid on the laptop is Jeff.

Jeff said to me "Actually, it's Jeffery, but I don't mind being called Jeff".

Natasha asked, "Is this a new recruit?"

Nick replied, "I don't know, it depends..."

"What's happening?" I asked.'

Nick replied, "We're a secret organization of vampire hunters and since you saw one you have two choices. One is to join us, or two, be watched for the time you're here,"

I said, "I'd rather join you,"

Josh patted me on the back and said, "Welcome to the gang,"

"Thanks."

Axel jumped in and asked, "What skills do you have?"

I said, "I'm great at using blades and things like that,"

Axel replied, "So we got a Swordsman, I guess..."

I shrugged and told Josh that I was going to go back to the cabin, which then Nick stopped me and said: "You get to stay here now, and it's not safe out there,"

Josh came and brought me to my room. It was large with a desk, bed, and T.V.

"Thanks," I said.

He gave me my bag and left. I unpacked and hung a poster on the wall, which I then got out my laptop which I had snuck into camp, and put it on my desk. I asked Nick if they have a weapons room he said yes, pointing to it. When I went there I found swords, daggers, and axes. I grabbed the swords and a holder and attached them to my back then I got an ax and put the stuff in my room. I went to sleep, and when I woke up the next morning Natasha was making breakfast, which I ate.

I then asked Josh, "So what are we supposed to do?"

"Go on patrol," he said.

I went out with him then there was a rustle. I quickly turned around and blocked an attack with my swords and I kicked the vampire away, which had to have been waiting for us. It then grabbed Josh and ran away with him. I went looking, heart racing, but couldn't find him. I sprinted back to the building and a couple minutes after I got there, there was a knock on the door. I opened it up, and I saw Josh, who fell to the ground with a bite mark with crimson red blood gushing out of it. I swiftly helped him up, terrified. I helped walk him into the house. I told Nick when he then proceeded to get Josh and brought him to his room. He got up and said he felt fine. Nick said that he'd see if he's infected tomorrow. I then went to bed and I was woke up by Josh at midnight. He asked if I wanted to see something cool, so I said yes. I got dressed and followed him to a red area of the woods he said which was where he got bit at. I told him we should go back he said we should try hunting some vampires. Then I saw his teeth and backed up. I drew one of my swords and pointed it at him.

"What are you doing, Garrett?" he asked.

I put up my sword and ran away.