4

eddie

by the time we came to my house, it was only richie and i left. we walked in silence, richie kicking some rocks on the road and i watching as the rocks bounced and landed in the crevices of the sidewalk.

i didn't like the tension, the awkwardness. i frowned, richie was being so distant. i stopped walking and richie turned to look at me. "come on, eds. don't tell me you broke your leg." i just stared at him.

he raised an eyebrow. "is something the matter?" i continued to just stare. my mouth had gone dry and a big lump formed in my throat, inhibiting me from speaking. i just shook my head and started walking again, my eyes welling up with tears and my cheeks red in embarrassment. "eddie-" "forget it, rich."

////
richie

i didn't kiss eddie's head goodnight when we got to his house. it was too affectionate, and what if somebody saw? bill and bev already teased me about liking eddie and i didn't want people thinking i was gay.

eddie and i are just really close, and it would never be like that. not to mention, i already like a girl in our class named el. i sighed as i climbed up to my window and quietly snuck in.

///
eddie

i could feel the threat of incoming tears as i laid down in my bed. i let out a small sob and brought my hand up to my mouth, attempting to stifle my cries. richie would never understand,nobody would. they already think I'm a freak.

richie tozier was sarcastic and loud and stupid and i hated him sometimes godamnit. but he was also warm and caring and goofy and utterly beautiful and i adored him sometimes.

i almost wanted to thank henry bower's for ripping up that letter. i can't imagine how richie would have reacted when he read it. he would've hated me.

i closed my eyes, tears still sliding down my cheeks. before i knew it, i had slowly fallen asleep.

///
bill

i was jittery and nervous as i waited near the school library for beverly. what if she didn't like me? "someone's shaking." a voice whispered huskily in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. i looked to see a smirking stan.

i gave him a small smile. "hey uris." he laughed, walking to lean on the library door. "so, why so worried, huh?" "bill! hey!" beverly interrupted my next response, running up to us out of breath.

she looked beautiful. her short, auburn hair was brushed softly to the side and her icy blue eyes were alive with morning excitement. "hey bev."

i looked to see stan looking at beverly as if she had just pushed him. i saw her look over at stan, noticing his hostile look right away. "stan...?" she said slowly, shifting her weight from what foot to the other.

"what?" he snapped back, his tone harsh. "are you mad at me or something?" beverly furrowed her brows. stanley scoffed and rolled his eyes, "obviously not. why would i be?"

bev didn't respond, she just stared at him back. "so, bill, what are we gonna do today?" beverly turned to me to ask and i felt stan step back a little. we both glanced back at him and bev looked offended, still thinking his expression was anger. but, i knew stan too well. the look on his face wasn't mad, it was sad.

he cleared his throat, looking awkwardly at the ground before looking back at me. my heart broke a little at the melancholiness in his eyes. i shrugged.

"you guys are hanging out today?" he muttered. i nodded, slightly. "oh." he responded, a fake smile. "i-uh-I'll go then." he turned to walk away and i let out a sigh.

"stan, wait-" i called, but bev grabbed my arm and turned me to face her. "he probably wants to be left alone." i was unconvinced, but nodded, "ok." she smiled, "let's go have fun."

///
hope you guys liked this chapter
:)

-bailey