Chapter 40

Lilly POV
we've been in India for a few days, I and today we're going to get custom clothing made for part of the wedding ceremony. We're also going jewellery shopping.
....
We got fitted for our clothes Dom and Nimuel got kurtas and tala got a salwar suit and I got a saree. Dom looked sexy in his kurtas. On the way to the jewellery store we drove passed a McDonald's and Dom insisted we go inside. It was packed, he was shocked when they didn't have the Big Mac. He had the chicken maharajah mac and I had the veggie maharajah mac and we got Tala a McChicken happy meal.
"This is fucking delicious" Dom says before taking another bite of his burger
"Stop swearing infront Tala, she's gonna copy you"
"Sorry" he says, he's always swearing infront of the kids and I'm always telling him not to. I sigh and finish eating
...
We go to this shop that sells the best Indian jewellery in the world and it's so fancy. I choose some jewellery for myself and Tala. After we went shopping we drove to this village that was so cool, We got some mangos and we got some fresh Indian deserts.
...
We finally got home and loads of my cousins, aunties and uncles are here. Dom and I go up to our room with the kids and put them both down for a nap.

"It's taking everything in my power not to fall asleep" I told Dom as I drop on our bed
"Come on you've got to introduce me to your family" he says trying to drag me out off the bed.
"Okay" I say but and stay in the same place
"Come on Lilly" he says frustrating and picking me up by my arms
"Okay" I say standing up straight
...
I introduced my family to Dom, I'm not going to lie some of my family were a little weird around us, but it was expected cause I'm not in the conventional Indian relationship they except me to be in.
Dom went upstairs so I went to talk to my sister who was with her kids
...
Dom came downstairs with tala who had just woken up from her nap in his arms. I was sitting on the floor playing with Tala when my dads eldest sister came to talk to me I sigh, cause she's been one of the people staring and Dom and I in a judgemental ways since she saw us together, I guess my Dad didn't tell her that my boyfriend isn't Indian, I sure wasn't going to tell her. 
"Hey Lilly can we talk? In private" Oh damn this is about to get so awkward. 
... we walk upstairs to my room.
"So what the matter?" I ask I think I woke up nimuel cause as soon as I opened the door he started crying. I pick him up to soothe him and give him some water cause he's was really sweaty. 
"Well I'm just suprised"
"By what?" I ask raising one eyebrow knowing I was about to hear something I didn't want to here
"Well your dad told me about you and your boyfriend but.... well I always thought I'd see you with a nice Indian boy"
My blood is boiling, the only thing that's keeping my from not going off on her is The fact I'm holding nimuel. I was about to speak but she carried on
"But you've messed up your life by being with this guy. You guys aren't even married, he could just leave you and your kids at any time. You waited so long to get a boyfriend I thought you'd save yourself for marriage, I guess not." This made me so pissed.

"Your acting like my children are a mistake, who do you think you are? Ey. I don't care if we're not married we love each other and we don't need anything else to prove our love and commitment to each other.  And you don't know Dominic to tell me that he's just going to up and leave me." I got up and opened the door for her to go back downstairs
That was worst than my dad when we had Tala cause he wasn't even bothered that Dom isn't Indian. I put Nimuel I. His cot and sit on my balcony for some fresh air.

Dom POV
Everyone heard everything Lilly's aunt said to her. As soon as his sister came down the stairs Lilly's Dad asked her to leave.
"If anyone else has a problem with Dom and my grandchildren you can leave as well" around 15 other people left when he said that, I guess I'll never be able to win over everyone." I went upstairs to find Lilly she was sat on our balcony
I sat down next to her and sad nothing for a moment as I looked at the sunset
"The baby monitor was still on and everyone heard everything, thanks for sticking up for us" I say as embrace her in my arms
"Your welcome, are you Okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine, a bunch of other people left when you Dad asked everyone if they had a problem with me and the kids to leave"
"He really did that?" She says breaking our hug
"Yeah!" I says and she gets up. And runs downstairs, I follow her she runs to her dad who was closing the door as someone left and gives him the biggest hug. I think he gets it now, he understands what it's like people judging your family. I smile at him and say "thank you"