Chapter 16

"Jeff? Is that you?" There was no answer but there was a glint of white teeth then a growl as the shadowy figure rushed towards me. I could only scream as it attacked me.

I sprung up and looked around to see Jeff sleeping peacefully next to me. I rushed towards the bathroom and puked. Normally this wouldn't bother me but when I saw what was there my heart skipped a beat.

I heard the gentle thudding of Jeff's foot steps and I flushed the toilet. He leaned in the doorway as I was wiping blood off of my mouth. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded and smiled "Just morning sickness." He nodded and asked if he should get me some prune juice and I just shook my head. "I'll just take a shower and get ready. Smiley is supposed to come back today."

"Oh, shit I was supposed to clean out the spare room." He left and I quickly shut and locked the door.

I sunk down to the floor and grabbed my large stomach. I waited and waited hoping for something but when nothing came a tear ran down my cheek. I got back up and immediately doubled over, screaming as pain shot through my body.

Jeff rammed into the door, trying to comfort but I grabbed his shirt and looked him in the eyes "leave me be." He backed up as if he saw Zaglo.

-----Jeffs POV-----

I heard a bang then a scream so I tan back to the bathroom. I tried the door knob then rammed my shoulder into the door opening it. I saw Jen on the ground so I went to her side only to be grabbed. I looked into her eyes but what I saw was not her. They were pitch black even the whites and her voice came out dark and raspy "Leave me be."

She threw me into the hall before passing out on the floor. I grabbed my phone and immediately called Smiley.

Ring...ring ...ring

"Hello Dr. Smiley' s office. How may be of assistance?"

"Get over here."

"Jeff? What's wrong?"

"Now!?!"

I hung up just staring at Jen lay there. I forgot about the cat until he came up to me and sat down. He went into defense mode as soon as he smelled Jen.

"Woah, Grinny! She won't hurt us."

I pet him and waited for Smiley to get here.

When he finally got here he asked where she was and I led him to her.

He gagged as he got closer.

"What?" I looked at him.

"It reeks of demon." He covered his nose as he stepped towards her body.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there's either a demon here or there was. Did you not set up the system that I told you to?"

"I did and she's the only one with the password."

He picked her up and carried her to the room. Setting her down I noticed a spit of blood on her night gown the only problem is was that it was growing. "Smiley what is that?"

He looked at me then the spot "shit!" He ripped off her gown and grabbed his stethoscope. He listened then frantically began to work.

"Go make yourself useful and get some water and some towels."

I left the room as I walked down the hall I heard her yell and he yelled at me "grab some rope too."

I returned with all the stuff and he had scratches up and down his arms and mask "here" I said handing him the stuff.

Within a few minutes she was secured to the bed. Unfortunately my mind was telling me how many times I wish I could've tied her to the bed and fuck her senseless but I slapped myself for thinking that.

I got tools of he asked but never asked what was wrong until he pulled out a small alien like thing. He looked at me and down at the thing that as I focused on it noticed was a small child.

"I'm so sorry." He wrapped the small child in a towel and wiped blood from its body.

"It's okay, right?"

He was quiet.

"Right?" I felt tears run down my face.

He nodded. I smiled but the frown on his face made me question him more.

"What's wrong with it? I know it was too early but what's wrong with it? Damn it tell me." I rushed over and turned him to see that the small child had black scales in patches across his skin.

"I took him out before the process could complete. She got possessed and I can only assume it was last night."

I looked to Jen who was laying on the bed fast asleep. She will be upset but hopefully they both will be okay.