chapter one

Please excuse all grammar/errors chapters are not edited💫

-

Hi. My name's, Izariya. I prefer Zari, it's shorter. I'm seventeen, I'm what you'd call an introvert. Unfortunately, the greatest time of my life may have taken a turn for the worst. It was my second week of school and my third week in Greenleaf and It wasn't going too well. My mother won the lottery and she hit big, so of course we moved out of the hood and into the suburbs. My dad left my mother for a white woman when i was four. She wasn't really phased by it, my mother was BEAUTIFUL, she didn't need him. He held her back, She probably would have been modeling for Givenchy or Louis Vuitton. I have 4 sisters, Ryan, Iman,Skye,And Tenet. I also have a Baby brother, Jacob. I had a few new friends,Alexis, Naomi,Addison,and Tyler. Naomi and Alexis were the only other black girls in school. Addison and Tyler were twins. McDevitt was like the schools in those movies, it was somewhat diverse but Predominantly Racist. Since my first day of school I've been getting Notes in my locker and Discriminating and disrespectful comments and questions by the same group of people. I've cried about it. Skye And I Were the same age but she chose to go to a different school.

Anyway, My alarm is about to go off soon.

"Zariii!" Alarm, as in my mother's voice. I groaned sitting up. I dreaded school on Monday mornings. I was hoping something exciting would happen on Mondays.

"Izariya!"

"I'm UP!" I showered and Brushed my beautiful teeth. I untied my hair Before smiling, i found myself adorably Cute.

"Zawi!" Jacob grabbed my face to kiss me.

"Goodmorning, Coby. Goodmorning, Mom." The smell of buttered pancakes filled my nose, i smiled, shit was delicious. It smelled like IHOP, Mama worked at IHOP for years so she knew what she was doing.

"Wheres Ryan and Skye ?"

"Right here." I turned and smiled when i saw my sisters , they were absolutely gorgeous and I looked like a cute Chipmunk but it's sha'cool. Tenet(Tenay)and Coby were my half siblings, my mother remarried. She ended up Marrying Their father and we moved into his second house.

"Zari, your car is outside, Your Taking coby And Tenet to school." I Nodded, i always got ready early so that I'd have time Incase something didn't go as planned, like this. I ate the last of my breakfast before kissing my mothers cheek. I grabbed the keys to my FORD.

"Come On, Coby." He Smiled grabbing his Jean jacket and his backpack. I picked him up and Headed. I started the car letting the air run low. It was September and i was anticipating the start of fall.

I snapped a few pictures while waiting for Tenet.

"I got you an orange juice, and you forgot your lunch

"I got you an orange juice, and you forgot your lunch." Tenet handed me my food and smiled.

"Thanks." She Nodded getting in the passenger seat.

"So how's school ?" I nudged her, she had told me about her crush and from what I've seen he seemed like a nice boy.

"It's okay, Gaven asked for my number." She Smiled, i cooed pulling up in front of her school.

"See you later." She hugged me.

"Gaven's gonna walk me home later."

"Alright, just call me." She Nodded.

"You're next, Coby."

"Yay!" I smiled glancing at him in the rear view.

"Hello ?" He asked quietly.

"Zawi, It's Addy." He Smiled handing me my phone.

"Goodmorning, gorgeous." I Smiled.

"Goodmorning, Addison. I'm on my way i have to drop Coby off first."

"Oh,That's Fine i was just calling to tell you that Lex and Naomi are at my house."

"Okay, Ill be there in 10 minutes." I heard Alexis high pitch laugh in the background before hanging up. I pulled up outside of Coby's School. And pull the Car in Park to walk him inside.

"My Mother, or Dad will pick him up today." His teacher nodded taking his hand.

"Hey, Coby." He ran back over to me before smiling.

"Yes, Zawi?"

"Shh. Get some snacks for lunch." I stuffed two dollars in his pockets. The older kids in his school sold snacks and i knew he'd want something.

I left and Shirtly after i arrived to Addison and Tyler's house.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Linden." They both smiled.

"Hi, Zari." I smiled hugging Mrs. Linden.

"Kids! Zari is here!" They ran down the stairs and outside, they did this every morning to see who would make it to the passenger seat.

*

"So, Have you sluts heard about the new transfer? They said he's French, hot, and a bad boy. He's just what I've been waiting for."

"Lord have mercy. I ain't never loved no white boy,but damn." We all followed Alexis' gaze and my breath caught in my throat. I LOVE black men but a little white chocolate wouldn't hurt. The hallway erupted in whispers.

"Levi Thomas, definitely lives up to the rumors." Tyler mumbled. We locked eyes and my heart stopped.

"Excuse me, beautiful. Can you tell me where the counselor's office is ?" I turned around to make sure it was me He was speaking to.

"Zari! He's talking to you." I apologized.

"Keep Straight, Turn Right, it's on the left." He Nodded Before smiling. I was hoping my period didn't come on just now.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I turned rushing to the bathroom. Just as the door closed in walked Lily and her uneducated minion.

"Hey, chocolate drop." She spoke sarcastically running her fingers across my bare arm and then looking at her finger tips as if my darkness rubs off.

"I see you've spoken to the new guy."

"What do you want, you pasty bitch?" She looked taken back before smiling.

"Well, Liam's mine. Don't for one chance think that he would want someone like you." She turned to walk away but to my surprise she got her shit decked. I glanced at Naomi rubbing her knuckles. I didn't want him,Levi, he looked like trouble. He had tattoos up to his neck and the most piercing eyes.