Off With Their Heads

3rd person's Pov

Members of the council crowded into a large room that was fairly hollow. Situated in a large throne was one of the cruelest beings ever to walk the earth. "Theodore Gracia: accused of petty theft and found guilty." A shaky voice announced warily. "Petty theft, eh? What were they caught stealing?" A beautiful voice asked out. The voice sent everyone in the room into a state of fear, for they know the bloodshed that often follows. "A-a necklace made of g-glass beads a-and a few l-loaves o-of bread..." The voice from before answered. "Hm... I see... Five months in the dungeon." Hushed whispers spread across the hall. "That's a heavy punishment! He's only a mere child... I can't imagine what punishment she would give him if he was a grown adult." The queen opened her eyes. People immediately froze and stopped whispering. "Would anyone like to tell me what they would do as punishment? You might as well tell me how to do my job while you're at it." There was a thick silence that could only be described as suspense. "Hm? No one? What a shame... Now tell me Lenard, who's the next culprit?" The now known Lenard tensed at the mention of his name.

"Of course Q-queen Ernestine." Lenard took a deep breath and read from the parchment scroll. "X-xaviour Lorene..."

Meanwhile

"Alright... The queen- no, Ernestine, is handling the courts at this time... She should be busy for another few hours." A group huddled together behind a vacant home. "A-are you sure we sh-should do this Anastasia?" A young boy asked his older sister. "Don't worry Jack. The queen's never used magic so we can assume she doesn't have any. Besides, everyone here has magic. If we use it together, we can overthrow her and her nights." Anastasia answered with a certain fire in her eyes. The group all nodded and smiled with the same determination that Anastasia had. "Okay... Let's separate ourselves into categories. Those with fire power will be up front, wind to the west, earth to the east, and lastly water to the south. That will be our positioning." Anastasia concluded. "What about Rose?" Jack asked. "Yeah, that's right. Rose doesn't have powers that involve the four main elements... She can talk to nature!" Charlie, the youngest of the group, pointed out.

"She'll be in the middle of us. She's our ticket into the castle... Rose can ask the animals around how to get inside the castle without being seen by anyone." Anastasia told them. Together, the group continued making plans.

Back to the castle

"Death row.... 10 years prisoner..." Queen Ernestine's voice dully called out. She had been sitting there for hours on end. She was aware that her subjects only followed her out of fear, but this is what made her a strong leader. The whispers never stopped. She was constantly reminded of her cruelty, but she didn't let that faze her. None of her subjects knew how to rule over an entire kingdom. Weather they liked it or not, it was her job to keep them together. The king before Ernestine had let things get out of hand. The kingdom split into two and a war almost broke out. But that's why Ernestine was crowned queen before her time. She stopped the war from happening. "Um.. You're highness?" Lenard asked slowly. "What is it?" Anastasia focused on him. "Your ruling, your highness?" Anastasia didn't bother asking. Judging from the person in custodies clothes and appearance, she had stollen from nobles. "18 months prisoner." She waved him off. "I-i understand..." The guards took the girl away down to the cells. "That's it for today your highness." The members of the council shuffled out of the room. "Thank you Lenard. You are dismissed. Go back to your wife." Lenard bowed and left the room. There, the queen was left alone.

Ernestine looked at the sword next to her. She had used it so many times, yet she felt no remorse for the blood that had engraved itself onto the blade. She wondered if she had ever felt anything before becoming queen. Ernestine remembered memories of herself and a young man... Before the first rebellion. Before his death. When she was happy. She had to do it... She had no choice. It was for the kingdom... For her father. She had to kill him for the sake of her family's power. But was it worth it?

With The Group

"Rose, which way now?" Anastasia asked softly. Currently, they were in the empty halls of the large palace. "She should still be in the court room so... Eas- no, north." Rose replied. The group moved carefully. They had managed to go by with only running into one guard. "Stop here." Rose said. "Open the doors, try to be as quiet as you can." Anastasia nodded and pushed open the doors. Quickly, the group surrounded the queen. Anastasia and Jack with flames in their hands. The queen smiled. "I knew it would happen sometime." She stood up. Charlie frowned and summoned super heated water to him. Ernestine unsheathed her sword. "8 against 1? That seems oddly unfair doesn't it? Oh well, I'm a lot stronger than you think." Anastasia threw out a cocky smile. "Really? We'll see how you do without any powers." She laughed. Ernestine's once stoic face broke into an animalistic smirk. "Who said I didn't have any magic?!" In a second, she had duplicated her sword. Anastasia's smile faltered. "A-ana.. You said she didn't have magic!" Jack took two steps back. "Don't give up now... WE CAME HERE TO FIGHT!" Anastasia ran towards the queen with her flames growing.

But it was too late... The queen decapitated her with one swift motion. "ANA!" Jack's voice cracked as tears freely fell down his face. "Y-you.... MONSTER! HOW COULD YOU END A LIFE SO CARELESSLY?!" Jack yelled. Charlie, having two natures in magic, set a barrier made out of stone around them. Jack stayed out. "ANSWER ME!!" Queen Ernestine took a deep breath and let her smirk fall. "I don't know.. How did you plan to do the same to me?" Jack's eyes widened. She was right. And they killed a guard on the way to her. He, along with the others, were no different from her. "Have you had enough time to think?" Ernestine asked, clearly annoyed. "I-" Crimson liquid splattered on the polished tile floor. It was too late. Her wrath was going to settle on all of them. "Now... Is that barrier really necessary? You know I'm going to kill you anyways. Ernestine kicked a corpse's head. It landed next to the border of the barrier. Rose shrieked. "J-JACK!" Ernestine laughed. "Why did you come to fight if you did not expect any casualties? Are you that naive? My my.. It certainly is entertaining that you thought," Ernestine put her hand to the barrier and destroyed it. "you would all leave with your lives..." The remaining six threw their attacks at Ernestine at once, only managing to injure her right arm. "Oh well, it seems I can't duo-wield anymore. I'll have to settle on killing you one by one." Rose backed up. "Rose?" Charlie asked. But she ran. "ROSE!" Rose ran to the exit. "I'm sorry! But I have a family.. I have a son!" Rose opened the door.

But just like everyone else.... Her head fell. In the end, the room was no longer a white scenery from a dream, but a blood coated dungeon from one's wildest nightmares. And all that was left, was queen Ernestine in the middle, coated in drying blood. "I'll have to have this place cleaned..." Ernestine's eyes grew animalistic as her smirk returned. "Again." She laughed. Kicking the bodies aside, she blew out the candles, and closed the court room's doors for the last time. That room was never opened again. People grew suspicious, but not enough to question their dear queen. Ernestine herself sealed the room with cement. And for the next three rulers, the room was left alone.