'Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am thinking about tomorrow's cremation as I enter my house. Our street is quiet and deserted, just like my dream the other day. I note that all my neighbours are not in their homes; they are at Jack's pool party. I feel like a stranger denied entry into an exclusive club.

I grab a glass of water from the tap, and settle at the kitchen table which has my HP perched on it, waiting for me to sign into Facebook.

I find Kelly's name, and a picture, but I can't have access unless I join. The process, as I feared, requires personal information; my email address, and a phone number for verification. I guard those carefully, like a pit-bull protecting his yard. I learned that lesson three years ago making a hotel reservation. I lost the confirmation in my inbox when it was buried beneath an avalanche of 'Last Chance Deals' and 'Just For You' offers. It reminds me of the trope 'Hey man, wanna buy a watch?' as a man opens his jacket full of them.

I supply the information required anyway.

I create an account, and am rewarded with the tedious task of waiting for a texted password. Irritated, I stare at my phone as if it is lying to me. I make lunch, a bowl of Captain Crunch; comfort food.

The password blinks into my cell. I log in, and return to Kelly's profile to discover that I am limited to the public portion of it. There are, however, some posts from various people that I can access.

I am surprised at how many there are. Facebook tells me that I need to send a 'friend request' in order to see more. Although it's useless, I send one to daughter-Kelly anyway. I find male-friend-Kelly's profile, and reluctantly send a friend request to him. I attempt to find the other two girls profiles, but since I can't remember their names, it is futile.

I am hungry again and don't know why. A quick glance at the clock on the stove shows that it is evening; five hours have slipped by since I started, and I don't know how.

I get another bowl of milk candy.