Chapter 11: A Musician of a Ghost

Mai: Hello.

Monk: Naru, say sorry to Debrawriter.

Naru: No. She is having me act strangely for this story. She is also failing on keeping the story updated.

Me: But, you care so much about everyone. You just try to hide it. I believe you actually act like that. And I try but sometimes I get busy, or writers block gets in the way. I promise to get better.

Naru: Idiot.

Me: *cries*

Ayako,Masko, Mai, and John: *tries to make Debrawriter smile again while Monk and Lin glare at Naru*

Lin: *turns to reader* Debrawriter does not own ghost hunt. *goes back to glaring at Naru*
Edited
____________________________________________________________________________

February 12th

~Naru's POV~

We have arrived at our case location and have loaded things inside. Mai has been saying, "It's obviously a poltergeist. We don't have to really do much for it. Let's just get it done." I agree with her in getting it done, but I keep hearing (Your name)'s voice telling me, "You need to understand it before you leave." Making me wonder why I do. I guess that it could possibly be connected to her or her father somehow, so I will make sure to figure this out.

We are all sitting in our base talking about what we need to do, the client is telling us about some more of the strange things that have happened, when we hear one of the pianos start to play Moonlight Sonata. I stand up and follow the music, everyone else following me. I find the room and  go to open the door, but as soon as I touch the handle, the music stops. We walk in and there is nothing. There are no more pianos in the room, so, of course, the client starts freaking out.

After the client has been calmed down, I have him cancel all the lessons for the next couple of days, and leave. The reason, we can get this done faster without him here. So he leaves to spend the next couple of days with his friend. When I walk into base I see that Mai has fallen asleep at the table. I sigh and sit down, waiting for her to wake up, hopefully, with useful information.

~thirty minutes later~

Mai finally wakes up with a jolt. While Ayako helps her to calm down, I wait with my death note, I mean, notebook in hand. After Mai has calmed down I ask her what she saw.

~Mai's POV~

After Naru asks what I saw in my dream I take a deep breath, and start to explain.

"There was a young boy who loved music, he learned how to play many instruments, piano, organ, violin, viola, cello, upright bass, flute, oboe, tuba, trumpet, saxophone, drums, guitar, and more. As he grew older he shared music with everybody he could, he also taught others how to play, in this very building. One day, when he was a great-grandfather already, a fire started in this building, he died in the fire.  Five years later, it was rebuilt, and a few years later, our client moved in. He watched over him and the students, when another spirit, a man, told him something, telling him to start doing all those things. He didn't want to, but he was scared into doing it."

~Naru's POV~

The other spirit, it must be (Your name)'s father. The old man must have some important information. I looked at everybody and I could tell they were all thinking the same thing. Now just to figure this out, and get the information we need. I give everybody assignments to try and figure this out as fast as we can.

~a day later~

We haven't been able to get anything, and I am getting very frustrated. If only that old man could tell us what he knows. We were all waiting for something to happen, when all the lights go out. We hear all the instruments start playing different songs, loudly. It keeps going for several minutes when everything stops and the lights turn back on. I look at the wall and there is a message burned onto it. 'He wants his daughter back, he wants her to forgive him for leaving her alone. Just like I do with my granddaughter.' Well, thank you for finally letting us know.

I have Lin start searching for where his granddaughter is, what granddaughter he could be thinking of. It doesn't take long to find out he only had one granddaughter, who is 36, married, with four children of her own. She only lives a few miles away, and two of her children have been learning from our client. Should be easy enough to get her here. Lin gets in contact with her to ask if she will come here.

Ten minutes later she arrives. I talk to her about her grandfather. "My grandfather was stupid that day." "May I ask what you are talking about?" "He was stupid he should of called for help instead he had to try and put the fire out before his instruments were destroyed. He always cared about those things more than anything else." That is when Mai speaks up. "He cared about you more than those instruments. He knew how much you loved music yourself. He just wanted to make you happy. He needs you to forgive him for being foolish, he needs you to understand how much he loves you." "I do know how much he loves me. I never hated him, I just always wanted him to have not died, to have lived a little longer.... Look, I'm sorry, but I have to go home now and get my kids from school." She heads out the door, and as soon as she leaves there is a feeling of peace, and Masako says, "He has left, he will no longer have an effect here."

~eight hours later, back at the hospital~

We were able to get everything back to the office. Now I am back with (Your name). "Are you proud of us, of me, for finishing this case? I really wish you would just wake up, and tell me everything is going to be alright, that I don't need to worry. Please wake up soon.