The Grand Bake Off

Author's note: *cover art by BreiGrace on Twitter*

Enjoy! 

"You know what would be a great idea?"

     Patton smiled to himself. Although no one was near him, he continued mumbling ideas out loud. 

"We can have a little contest to see who's the best at making..." 

     He trailed off, looking around his room for inspiration. The ever-changing frame of pictures on his wall wasn't helping. Neither were recent posters of cute puppies...or a closet full of onesies giving him some sort of direction. There was a nightstand by his bed, which had an empty plate with cookie crumbs. 

"...cookies." 

     Patton's face lit up. 

"Oh, that would be so much fun! And Thomas could be the judge!" 

     He bounced up and down with delight. Without giving it a second thought, he bolted out of his room and sprinted down the mind palace hall. A red door with a painted golden crown on it caught his eye first. He could hear vocalization coming from the other side, probably indicating that his companion was singing a song stuck in Thomas' head. 

"Roman!" Patton knocked rapidly on the door. "I love your singing, but can we meet up with Thomas? It's important." 

     The singing abruptly stopped. A few moments later, the fancy door swung open and a familiar face peeked out. 

"What is it?" Roman peered his head out further and looked around the hall. "There's no danger to be seen...so what's important?" 

"Just come!" Patton took a few steps to the side and motioned for Princey to follow him. "It's a surprise!" 

     Raising an eyebrow, Roman stepped out of his room and trailed after Morality. They stopped at a dark blue door with tiny, silver complex equations carved into it. 

"Whatever your 'surprise' is, I don't think Logan would care to join." 

     Ignoring the little remark, Patton kept his smile and knocked excitedly. 

"Oohh, Loooogaaaannn!" Morality sang, "I have something to tell all of youuuuu!" 

     Not a second later, a professionally dressed man opened his door. A thick book covered half of his face but he spared a glance at the two. 

"Hello Patton. Hello Roman. What is the memo you want to spread?" 

     Patton opened his mouth to give the answer, but then thought better of it. 

"You'll see." He gently slid Logan's book out of his hands. "Put this away for now, kiddo." 

     The parental trait then proceeded to frizbee the object above Logan's head, where it went soaring into his room, and successfully landed on the carpet with a loud thud. 

"Careful!" Logan checked behind him, and shook a finger at Morality. "If that book had been projected a few centimeters to the right, it would've crashed into my table---which is where I'm making a pyramid out of cards." 

     Roman stifled a laugh. 

"You? Playing with toys?"

     Logan grumbled under his breath, stepped into the hall, and shut his door a little forcefully. 

"No," he explained, "building a unique architectural design using processed wood and precise calculations." 

"Playing with toys." Roman teased.