This is me

Chapter one:

Sunlight fluttered into the room, dust dancing on the rays and tickling the air in the small crowded area. The walls were an unfinished paint of like green, tattered with paintings and drawings on crinkled paper. A dark brown nightstand stuffed the corner, a tiger stand lamp in the center surrounded by pencils and pens and a small broken cell flip phone.

The room was shagged with a brown carpet that gave the space it's camouflage look. Like a hunters den. It was her yawn that broke the crisp air that had formed in the night. A silent shatter of invisible glass, though it didn't hurt anyone. Many things had been shattered in the young girl, that lay in the pink bed with the blue comforter blanket.

Serina was her name, bleach blond hair with faded blue tips and a blue jay feet her hanging from her ear. Hazel eyes with flecks of white like salt. Snow on a green paper.she sat up stretching, grey pajamas with black polka dots encased with white dots just a bit larger. Her hair was tangled and fluffed up from tossing all night. She smacked her lips together and ran her tongue along the dry roof of her mouth.

With a groan serina stood up, the blanket wrapped around her shoulders as she turned across the shag carpet and down the stairs.

"Mom?" She yawned looking around the small two story house with the messy..everything. No response. "Mom!" She called out, her voice echoed into the empty house and she sighed. "Gone.."

When her feet to used the cold tile floor she shivered but trudged ahead, sticking to the ivory handle of the broken-repaired-old fridge, was a yellow sticky note that read:

~went to work early..you know how it is..please wash the dishes and please please-! Go to school..love you, there's $30 for dinner money buy a pizza c: and don't burn the house down while I'm gone. Be in bed by 9 I won't be back until 12 am or so~

Love mom

Serina crumpled up the sticky note and closed her eyes "yeah I know how it is.." She muttered and looked at the dirty blue trash can across the cream tiled room lined with sunflower wrapping on the walls and base boards. "She shoots-!" She made a NBA style toss, the paper bouncing off the dirt tattered rim "and she misses by the rim..,of course."

Serina shuffled across the floor and picked it up tossing it into the trash before going back upstarts.

9:00 am

No point going to school now..late anyway.

Serina crawled back into her bed, caccooning herself in her blankets and flipping on the small tv in her room.

Flip- news

Flip-sports

Flip-history

Flip-stop...army channel.

She quickly turned it off tossing the remote away and closing her eyes burying her face in the bed. Her dad, Alex, was an army man, a hero, a leader. In the army for 12 long years, before serina was even born.

When he came back..he changed...he was a monster. Serina couldn't stop the memory of him coming into her mind. She was five, bright eyes and bouncy curly hair. When he walked in that door...he started screaming. He shoved serina aside sending her into the table in the living room. Before he smacked her mother Delilah across the face and started to hit her. Serina started to cry. Alex screaming at her to shut up before he didn't the same to her. It went on like that for a year, if she wasn't in her closet hiding and screaming to drown out the fights, she was in there crying and bleeding, some part of her broken from the abuse.

When she was six, on her birthday in November..there was a gunshot..everyone rushed inside to see her father splattered across the walls of Serina's old room on the first floor, blood tainted the walls. Serina remembered crying so hard she threw up.