You'll Always Be My Top 2 (One Shot)

I was just sitting in our living room, gazing at the pictures taken years back when my four year old daughterㅡCassandra, pops out in front of me, holding her teddy bear that her father gave to her recently.

"Mimi, I can't sleep."

Kinuha ko siya at pinaupo sa kandungan ko. I kissed her forehead at saka ngumiti sa kanya.

"Wanna hear a story?"

Agad lumiwanag ang mukha niya. She nodded while smiling.

Sparkles in her eyes were visible as she heard the word story.

She loves stories after all.

"Long time ago..."

There was this man. He's the most popular and the most intelligent kid in school. He's always the top one student in the academy.

Aside from his demi-god appearance, Gabriel Anthony Borromeo was the most popular among the studentsㅡespecially to the girls.

He's a casanova, always flirting and making out one after another...

But..

When he receives confessions from girls, he immediately rejects every single one.

I, on the other hand, Tamara Myrr Lavion, always get the second place even though I study to the extent just to be the first. But he seems to be undefeated.

I was just wandering around the hallway when suddenly I heard voices from one of the classrooms.

Tumigil ako at saka sinilip ang classroom na pinanggagalingan ng mga boses. Luckily, bukas ang pinto.

Sumilip ako..

Oh, if it isn't the great Gabriel Borromeo and whoa, wait.. kasama niya yung kafling niya this week.

Ate they doing it again?

Or

Don't tell me it's another confession?

"I really like you, Gab."

Uh-oh...

3...

2...

1...

And...

"How disappointing. I don't like you! Get lost!"

And there he goes again.

Nagulat ang babae sa sinabi ni Gab. Agad siya tumakbo palayo sa classroom habang nagpupunas ng mga luha. 'Poor girl, sabi nang don't you ever dare confess your feelings to the great Gabriel Anthony Borromeo eh!'

"That's the 3rd rejection for the day." I slowly walked toward him, grinning.

"Eavesdropping is rude, you know that?" He hissed.

And an idea pops on my mind.

I leaned toward him, "I like you, Gab!"

He suddenly frozed, he was stunned. Taken aback by what I've just blurted out.

Then I burst into laughter.

"Oh my god. Your face! It was... priceless!"

"That's very funny, Tamara." He rolled his eyes. Stood up and stormed out of the room.

I stopped laughing the moment he stepped out of the room. Biglang tumulo ang mga traydor kong luha.

"It wasn't even a joke, douchebag!" Saka ko pinunasan ang luhang tumulo sa pisngi ko.