1) J A M E S POV

she breathes slowly, She has to. Her breathing is so weak, a few months ago she was fine but reality can creep up on anyone and anything. It waits for you in a dark corner until it hits you hard where it hurts.

"James? You don't have to worry I'm not scared..."

That's stupidest thing Addie has ever said to me. She's waiting for serious surgery that could kill her. I might lose her and I don't even have the guts to tell her how I feel

"We need to go through to the theatre now" the nurse says. I shudder my heart beats so fast and I can see that Addie's eyes are becoming wet with pearls of tears.

I hold her hand all the way down the hall. She's gripping so tightly my veins could bust. Maybe she's holding back her fear hoping her life will carry on and that she'll live.

Finally we're here. A bunch of tubes are plugged into her body making her look like a medical experiment. But she doesn't flinch. Not once. I may be a tough guy but I know I would yell if I had contraptions plunged into me.

"I want you to have this." She says faintly pushing a patterned book into my hands "if I die try to get it published" So blunt, I guess this is what I'd hate to have a to call her dying wish...

The book is heavy and it has a bright flowery pattern on it. I run my fingers over it. Just knowing it's Addies gives me so much comfort I feel as if she's given me something special, something that's almost part of her, somethings that's on our list.

"Number 10?" I ask smiling weakly.

Addie nods her eyes flickering of into the coma.

"See you soon James...hope...fully"

I walk down the hall and into the waiting room. I bunch up into a chair waiting for Addison's parents. In the process the book dodges it's self out of my clammy hands; something slides out.

An old piece of paper from a few months back. I realise why Addie trusted me with this book. This is her story. The story of our list.