Air Difference

~Lily's POV~

Sky, Ty and Sparklez are simultaneously walking down the stairs and talking. I think Ty can tell that Mitch and I are recording, actually we just finished. He turns away from the other guys and makes eye contact with us.

"What'd you guys record?" He smiles a bit.

"VampireZ," Mitch leans back on the couch.

"Just by yourselves?" Adam catches on.

"Yeah... None of you guys were down yet and we wanted to record something, Lily's not half bad," Mitch shoots them a stare.

"'Kay," Sparklez heads to the other couch, followed by Adam then Ty. There's an awkward silence. I can tell that Ty is dying to ask a question that is probably burning inside the other boys too. I quickly break through the silence.

"Did you guys decide a date that I leave?" I ask, trying not to sound rude, or like I want to leave anytime soon. Mitch looks at Adam in a way that shows that he wants the time that I'm here to be extended.

"Um... Like 3 weeks?" Adam shrugs to the other guys. I scan their reactions. Each nods in agreement or just shrugs back.

"Okay," I close my laptop and set it next to me-between Mitch and me-on the couch. "How long have I been here? Like 4 days?"

"Yep," Mitch answers.

Four amazing days, Mitch-filled days.

~Jerome's POV~

Ant and I stand in the kitchen drinking rootbeer. I take a glance out the closest window; the sun is lowering in the sky, it's maybe 5:30ish. Ant and I ponder what happened between Mitch and Lily, they couldn't have just talked.

"He is always near Lily. Mitch never has an instance where he doesn't know where she is," Ant says. That's very true.

"I have the room next to them, they were talking but Mitch was talking about who he liked," I tell him.

"Did he say Lily?" Ant sets his can on the counter.

I try to recall what he exactly said.

"He said something like, "they guessed who I like and the guess was right" he then paused waiting for Lily's answer. She asked what and he said it was her. Then there was a silence," I pause to take a breath. "I left my room so I could hear better and I knocked the vase over."

"I kind of guessed that last part."

I finish my rootbeer and crush the can, throwing it into the trash. I think the Litch ship has set sail.

~Lily's POV~

I'm starting to like my room in this house more than my room at my real house. I wish I wouldn't ever have to leave.

Mitch sits on my bed; throwing a ball the size of half my hand in the air and catching it. I'm leaning against my bedside table. The late afternoon light shines through my open window, the fresh air fills my room. The California smells like saltwater even though we are a little ways away from the ocean. The scent is different than cold Minnesota air. But, I like the difference, it's... Refreshing.

I get lost in my thoughts and Mitch's voice breaks through the trance-scaring me slightly.

"You think they know? You know, about the kiss?" Mitch suddenly asks. He shoots his head towards the door to see if anyone heard him say that.

"Is it really that bad if they know?" I sit down next to him. What harm could come from a brewing romance?

"I guess not," his eyes lock into mine. "You want to tell them?"

I think for a second. "Nah... You're their friend."

"Hey, you're their friend, too. Don't sell yourself short," he puts his arm over my shoulders. I look up to him given that he's a good two inches taller than I.

"You're not getting out of it that easy, you're telling them if you want them to know," I smile. His eyes widen. I can tell he was hoping to not have to. His hand finds it's way to his neck, just under his hair line.

"You know what, they don't really need to know," he tries to force a laugh. He does a terrible job.

"Yes, they're going to know if I have to drag you down there," I stand up, letting his arm fall off of my shoulders.

He sighs and smiles. "Fine. But, let's ease into it. Don't just throw it at them."

With that, we leave the room and walk down to where Ant and Jerome are talking in the kitchen.