Chapter 4

Kagura was once again left alone this time in the hospital room. He was not only sick but sad. He hated the fact that Wakasa was worried for him. He hated when he couldn't pull his own weight. He just wanted to lay with the doctor , healthy and not worried.
         The door opened as the doctor rushed in with a white pill and a glass of water.
         "Take this,it will make you feel better." Said the doctor holding the cup to Kagura's side.
         Normally Kagura wouldn't accept taking any kind of medicine,but he'd do anything to get out of this state so he reluctantly accepted the pill . As he reached the glass Wakasa was holding, their hands slightly touched. Kagura quickly pulled his hand out of reflex ,and maybe shame, and Wakasa's grip loosened letting the glass fall on the floor.
          "Oh... I'm so sorry... it was my... ninja reflex... let me clean this up."
          "No way! I can't let you get up from the bed. Hopefully the glass didn't break so I'll just have to wipe the water. Don't worry about it, ok?" Wakasa said as he knelt on the ground to hide his bright red face. His hand felt so soft and warm. He wished  he could get a better hold of it , not only a mere touch.
          "Well... the curse of being a ninja..." Wakasa tried to joke as he cleaned up the spilled water.
          "Yeah... but it's the ... only thing... I am actually ... good at."
          "No. That's not true. I know you, you can do lots of things. Why else you think Makoto would keep you? You are strong , loyal , honest, you have so many qualities! Why don't show them? At least don't deny them!" Wakasa quickly responded. He then blushed hard. He made a mistake. He just straight complimented Kagura. How could he? Kagura doesn't like praise anyways. What if he'd figured?
           "Do you ... really think so?" Kagura asked. He was shocked due to the lack of praise in his life. Makoto was only praising him when they'd finish a big job. But even so,it would be a group praise. And this one came from no other than Wakasa. Kagura was happy  Wakasa had such a great image of him.
           "Yes... of course." Wakasa said  finishing sweeping the floor."It's late. You really need to rest. Please, sleep now." Wakasa said preparing to leave the room. "Don't worry I'll come to check you later. You could just call me if you---". He was stopped by Kagura's voice. He wasn't looking him in the eyes so when he instinctively  raised his head,he saw his troubled pale face starring back at him.
          "Wakasa?" Kagura timidly asked. His voice was weak, almost trebling.
"I... don't want to... stay alone... will you... stay with me?" He knew he sounded like a kid but he really wanted to have Wakasa by his side.
           Wakasa was shook to hear his request and stopped in the doorway.
           "Kagura..."