Chapter 6

~Zayn's POV~

I couldn't help but to smile as her eyes trailed down my body. She was like any other...

"Put some clothes on," she said as she shoved the shirt to me and walked away.

Or not.

I couldn't tell if she was just embarrassed or what; but I put the black shirt on and walked out of the bathroom. Ellie was sitting on the sofa watching a movie.

"Hey Delenn," I said as she walked out of her bedroom yawning.

"Morning," Ellie greeted her.

"Oh hey," she said casually as she walked to the kitchen, then stopped to take a second look at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh yeah um," Ellie begins speaking as she turns her head towards us, "I ran into him on my way home-"

"Like literally," I cut her off. I gave her a big smile as she glared at me.

"Oookay," Delenn said and she went on to grab some tea.

"I'm really sorry though," Ellie said with a straight face as I sat down next to her.

"It's alright babe." I gave her an assuring smile, which instantly put a smile on her face.

"Zayn there's some food if you're hungry," Delenn shouted from the kitchen, "I don't know you might want to leave before it gets worse." She gestures to the window; it was starting to snow again.

"Ooh yeah," I said as I stood up, "I should get going now." I thanked Delenn and looked at Ellie. Does she like me? I honestly had expected more flirting, especially after the bathroom incident. I winked at her before I walked out of the house.

~Ellie's POV~

I waited for Niall. I wanted to see him. I wanted him to run into the house like a child. I wanted him to be in my kitchen looking for something to eat. I wanted to hear him sing Michael Buble out loud. I wanted to hear him laugh. I didn't know two weeks could be this long, but it was about to end very soon.

Throughout the two weeks, the rest of the boys still came over to the house with other friends. As I sat at the kitchen counter writing a paper on the laptop, Zayn walked over and leaned against the counter right next to me.

"Having fun?" He had a big smile on his face.

I raised my eyebrow. I only had about a paragraph written. He just laughed as he sat down next to me. "Need help?"

Why is he...? I thought to myself but I kept quiet. "Nah, it's fine. It's all theory, I think I got it. I just put it off til today."

"Smart," he commented as he smiled.

What is he doing?

"Oh, we're heading out for a drink tonight, wanna come?"

Oh. THAT's what he's doing.

"Thanks," I smiled at him, "but I really need to do this."

"Come on Ellie," he begged. He gave me a big smile; it made me feel guilty to say no. "You only live once y'know."

"I really can't," I smiled apologetically. His eyes were something different alright; even when they smiled, they seemed to pierce through you.

"NIALL!" Louis shouted, followed by Liam and Harry. My heart stopped beating for a moment before I turned my to the door... and there he was.

"When did you fly in?" Delenn asked as the boys attacked Niall.

"Just few hours ago," he replied, then our eyes met as I walked up to him.

"Welcome home," I smiled as I tried to surpress the urge to embrace him.

"Hey," he smiled back, and opened his arms to hold me.

If I could, I wanted to hold onto him forever. I know it was only two weeks, but I've missed him. I wanted him to hold me as tight as he could...But he didn't. His embrace was light and quick, and without making an eye contact, he went on to chat with others.

I was overwhelmed by confusion. 'No,' I told myself, 'He probably trying not to be all that in front of them...'

"Niall do you want to head out soon with us for a drink?" Louis asked as he grabbed his phone from the sofa.

I was distracted waiting for Niall's answer Zayn turned to me. "Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Uh..." I hesitated. I wanted Niall to hint me something, just anything. But he didn't. "Yeah, I'm staying home tonight. Sorry."

"It's okay," he smiled and he hugged me. I kept my eyes on him, but our eyes never met.

"Yeah. LEGGO." Niall exclaimed as they all began heading out and said bye to me.

And I didn't see him for the rest of the night.