Countdown

6 days until the wedding

Lexa had suggested for the group to go out for dinner before returning to the castle. Jake and Abby decided to join them at the last minute. Currently, Aden was standing on his tiptoes on Lexa's lap,watching the plate of bread being passed back and forth. Lexa only used one hand to hold him in place. "You're doing that to him on purpose now" Clarke rolled her eyes at Raven and Jasper. She knew that Aden would be restless until he got comfortable enough to fall asleep. That meant a full stomach and a warm body to nap on.

"Cause it's so fun" Raven grinned. Clarke pulled out his snack cup full of Gerber's puffs from his bag. "You know they have booster seats here, right?"

"I know. He won't sit still" Aden let out a squeal when Clarke was taking to long to get the lip open. "Calm down. Here"

"6 days left. You nervous?" Monty asked.

"Excited" Lexa corrected,sending a smile Clarke's way. Aden looked up at her, holding out one of his puffs. Lexa ate the snack, pretending to eat Aden's fingers to his amusement.

"I still think this is a terrible idea" Bellamy muttered into his glass.

"Here we go" Raven groaned, sliding down in her seat.

"Finally someone said it" Octavia started. "You're marrying a stranger then you adopt a kid out of nowhere. You are 23, Clarke. Don't you think you are a little young to be making these decisions"

"You're younger than her, O. Aren't you a little young to be judging people's decisions" Raven countered, pushing her plate away. "Her parents don't have any problems with it"

"The only reason you don't have a problem with this is because you are benefiting! " Aden stuck his face into Lexa's stomach.

"Can you not yell? He doesn't like loud noises" Lexa whispered, laying Aden's head on her shoulder. "It's okay. I know she scared you" Clarke rubbed his back.

"Octavia, this is Clarke's decision. Your opinion doesn't matter" Abby intervened, getting out of her seat to leave. "Let's get you to sleep, huh?" Abby cooed, taking Aden away from Lexa. She knew that this argument was far from over and her being there will only agitate the problem. "Say bye" Abby waved his hand for him. "Bye-bye. Come on, Jake" She said, sending her ex husband a knowing look. Jake quickly grabbing Aden's diaper bag, following her out restaurant.

"Get it all out now, because I'm marrying Lexa" Clarke shrugged. "I don't have to explain anything to you. This is what I want to do"

"This is ridiculous. You can't be serious about all this. You didn't tell me about it. I had to read about in a magazine"

"She's right" Finn intervened before Clarke stopped him.

"Don't"Clarke demanded, then turned to face Octavia. "I told you. I told all of you before my parents. Raven, Monty, Jasper, and even Murphy were more supportive than you. Why would I tell you when I knew all I was going to get in return was a lecture?" Clarke defended.

"You're not even in love with her. If anything this makes you look like a-"

"Octavia" Lexa calmly interrupted, resting her hand on top of Clarke's. Her voice was loud and powerful enough for the entire restaurant to hear. "I suggest you stop talking before you say something you might regret. You and Clarke may not be on the best of terms now but she's still you're best friends. And if you have a problem with our wedding, can you wait for us to discuss where it wouldn't cause a scene?" Octavia looked around at the other partons staring at then before huffing then continued to eat her desert.