The Blonde Hylian in Kokiri Village

It was mid-afternoon in Kokiri village. The sun hazily dawning onto Hyrule, emitting waves of warmth. A light breeze shuffled between the tree limbs and blew across the boy's orange hair. Mido was mindlessly humming the tune of a nonchalant song that had once reverberated throughout the woods just a mere few days ago. As he threw his fishing line back into the light stream, Mido blew out a breath and sheathed the edge of his pole into the ground. With another exasperated sigh, he laid his head down on a large cool stone and glanced up at the sky.

He began to ponder what the outside of Kokiri village was like, for not a single Kokiri had ever left the small forest town. And had they disobeyed the law of never entering the monster-plagued forest, they would turn into a skull kid. Or simply die by a Wolfos perhaps. Mido would've preferred being a skull kid, for he could perhaps continue his pursuit for him.

A figure stalked behind and sighed at the sight of the orange-headed Kokiri laying down. "Mido?" With a gasp, the boy shot up and turned to the blonde who was looking at him. His gaze was almost piercing him through and the boy had to focus his eyes elsewhere. Lest he'd like the boy to figure him out. "Have you caught anything yet?" The blonde smiled, walking up to him and taking a seat beside him. 

Mido had hardly registered the man had spoken, and what he heard was barely coherent. "I'm just fishing." He breathed, glancing up at the blonde then quickly back at the grass.

The blonde chuckled, placing his hand on the cool grass that he resided against. "I know, I asked if you caught anything." 

'Damn, bite your tongue Mido! Bite your tongue!' With a swift shake of his head, the Kokiri slowly looked over at the blonde. He was smiling down at Mido, his face becoming a bit heated. "No, not yet."

The blonde momentarily froze up, before a torch seemed to light in his head and he leaned over to reach into his pouch. Mido seemed to frown and his eyes widened as the Hylian leaned a bit closer to him, but gave out a sigh as he stopped short to reveal he was only looking for something. The blonde however heard the sound and looked up at him from his position on the grass. 

"Huh, something wrong?" He asked, slowly stopping to eye Mido carefully. He wasn't the only one hiding something. If the blonde was found out, he supposed Mido might hate him again or even more so than he previously did. And he wanted to settle as friends with the other.

Mido quickly swallowed a lump in his throat and began shaking his hands around. "No! No! I'm fine, really. I think I'm going to head home anyway." His face broke out into a heated mess and he swung up his arm to cover his red-beet face. Quickly grabbing at his fishing pole and rather abruptly standing up, did he turn away from the blonde man.

"You're acting kind of weird, are you feeling okay?" The blonde spoke with a worried tone, but Mido shook his head again, keeping his face covered.

"No, I insist. I'm alright. I'm just going home, to eat dinner now and get sleep." The orange head shut his mouth, for he realized there was no reason behind stating such things.

"That's great Mido, although I didn't really ask." The blonde smirked, mentally shrugging it off as he remained clueless to the Kokiri's thoughts. 

The Kokiri in question was yelling at himself. A week or so ago had this strange blonde Hylian who was forbidden from entering the village, entered anyway and broke into the fairyless boy's home. Mido eventually caught him in the act and ever since, the two had become close friends. When the blonde wasn't saving some supposed princess, he had luxuriously been living in Kokiri. As luxurious as it got, he supposed. And while Mido knew his heart had always yearned for Saria, the sight of the blonde had caught him against a wall. It was no longer friendship that Mido seemed to want. But he hadn't a clue why he desired this, or what had brought such things to his head. But it was evidently existent and he'd have to cope.