Chapter 4: Maze Scouts

Chumbus ran straight to Osra and gave him a long hug, tears running down his face.

"Whoa," Osra stumbled back. He wrapped his arms around his body and hushed him, "hey hey hey, calm down." He rubbed his back as everyone watched in silence. Chumbus looked up and smiled. Osra smiled, "you good?" Rachel's eyes widened as she backed away. Osra nodded as he patted his back.

"Sorry, Osra. I'm just glad you're okay," Chumbus replied softly. He explained his surreal dream to the group, but decided to keep Osra's ghost to himself.

"Wait a minute, so we all became trapped? Like that will ever happen," Heruseus laughed.

"That means we'll all have to become more agile and aware. We have to become more careful," Chumbus responded.

"Look at you finally being more aware," Osra patted his back.

Chumbus glared, "shut it, well what happened in there guys?"

Heruseus sighed, "well we found some survivors to sum it up."

"I'm sending an invite to you guys," Osra said as he sat down.

"Got it!" Brett laughed as he talked with Mel.

"Why are you laughing?" Osra turned around, his screen still open. He his eyes shot daggers through the white translucent screen.

"Melody just told me a joke about someone," Brett grinned as he looked at him.

"About who?" Osra closed his screen, his left eyebrow raised.

Brett stopped and widened his eyes, "monkeys, that's what it was about." He laughed harder as Mel laughed with him.

"Whatever. Anyways, welcome to The Hearts of Light," Osra felt a pain of jealousy. He turned around to face Heruseus. "I don't like Brett and Mel close to each other," Osra told him.

"That's not surprising at all," Heruseus muttered.

Osra glared at him, "what?"

"Nothing," Heruseus said immediately, a grin plastered upon his face.

Chumbus looked at him, then to Brett, "why don't you like him? Seems nice."

"I have a feeling he's going to get Mel killed," Osra said sternly. His stern voice turned into a whine as he continued, "I also saw him on her chest. Really! His head was smashed against her chest! I wanna kill him right now, and it might save us later." He turned around to see Mel and Brett laughing again. His face grew red, filled with anger.

"Bro, that's called jealousy, and it's normal to feel it. And take that face off, you're scaring the locals," Heruseus looked at Osra strangely.

"Yeah, sorry," Osra restored his original color.

"Hey guys," Kameron walked towards them.

"Yo," Osra gave him a high-five.

"Hey, just saying, we need to discuss the enemy. It's a necessity. We need to," Kameron looked Heruseus straight in the eyes before turning around to get Brett and Mel's attention.

"How did you guys start? What happened?" Chumbus asked, "I'm Chumbus by the way, nice to meet all of you."

"We entered the maze great. We thought we were perfect, and we were fine. Our defenses were great and we had many skilled people. We killed all the spiders that came intact, but then the things attacked. Everything just broke down, decayed. One death led to another. Our leader, Hideki, told us to leave and find help, or something. There were sixteen of us. Only seven came back," Kameron explained. "Speaking of the demon things, we need to discuss what they are," Kameron cracked his knuckles.