Melody

"QUE PSI PHIIIII", is all I could hear from the bedroom of my apartment.

"Ugh I'm doing my makeup, how many more times do you have to yell that out today", I asked annoyed coming into the living room.

When I came into the living room, Dom was front and center. His shirt was off and he was in full Que mode. He had even rearranged some of my furniture so he could practice his "floor moves".

"Baby you know I gotta practice. It's your last party", he said pouting and drying the sweat off his body.

"Why are you even coming, you been graduated. I don't know what you moved my furniture for either. It's not like you're gonna be with some girl on the ground, correct?", I say using my makeup brush to point around the room.

"Shit maybe I was planning to -", he says.

"Just as I was planning to kick you out", I say smiling. He laughs.

"You didn't let me finish. Maybe I was planning on doing it to you. You never came to my Que stuff so I never got a chance to act out, like you know I can do", he said flicking his tongue at me.

"Cause I know you be having tons of girls in there, I'm good. We'll see where the night takes us", I say going back into my room. Before I could even close my door, all you here is Atomic Dog blasting through the speakers.
This is why I never wanted a Que. But look where I am.
I don't even know how I ended up here with him. Our relationship has been off and on ever since we met each other. One unfortunate night out at a lounge with my girls, he caught my eye from across the room. Of course he doesn't know that though since I've acted uninterested in him since the moment we spoke. Yet no matter how uninterested I seemed, I still ended up in his bed that night and many more to come. I never even would have talked to him if I knew he was a Que but he was being very lowkey about that night.

From then on, I found him stumbling out of my bed some mornings and he buys me things whenever he goes too long without seeing me. So I wouldn't exactly call it a relationship, we aren't even dating I don't think. A situationship is more appropriate and it seems to be exactly what I need at the moment. It also lowkey sounds like a sugar daddy but there's no need to get into that. There are no feelings involved, at least not from my end. I could care less if we didn't deal with each other but he's been acting more involved lately so we'll see how that goes.

For example, he drug me all the way to DC from Louisiana a few days ago just for this party. He knows many of the ques at Howard and thought it would be a good place for me to look for jobs in the meantime. So it isn't a completely wasted trip, but I know he just needed a reason to get me up here. This party better be worth it.

*3 hours later*

"You almost ready Mel? The guys are waiting on me", Dom said coming to sit on my bed while I finished getting ready in the bathroom.

"No one said you had to wait on me, I can get my own ride", I said putting on my earrings.

"Stop being like that. Let's go together for once", he told me. I stopped and stood in the doorway of the bathroom looking at him.

"Who are you and what have you done with Dom", I said raising an eyebrow.

"I can't just make your last night as a college student memorable", he asked biting his lip. "Sure Dom", I said trying not to smile.

I finished getting ready and I must say that me and him look quite good together and we unintentionally matched. He had on the shirt for his fraternity, camouflage pants, and their signature gold and purple boots while I had on a fitted gold glitter dress with some booties.