Even

You sit by the fire and put your hands in front of the blaze. The heat instantly warms you and you stare into the fireplace, watching the flames dance and listening to the small crackles. You grab your pencil and sketchbook, driven by a sudden spark of inspiration. The fire ends up being what you're drawing and you get immersed. So immersed, in fact, that you didn't even realize that a red haired, freckled boy was staring over your shoulder, watching you draw.

Someone clears their throat and you turn to the front of the door and see a red haired freckled boy leaning against the door to the boys' dormitory. It was George Weasley, smirking at his brother, Fred Weasley, who was sitting beside you. "Freddie, come on. We have a business meeting in five minutes. You don't want to be late. Or do you?"

You blink a few times and try to get back to reality. You and Fred stare at each other for a few seconds; you out of confusion and him with an emotion you couldn't place.

George clears his throat again and Fred jumps up. "Right. I'm coming."

You stop for a moment and try to process what just happend. The biggest pranksters in the school had never looked at you, much less watched you draw. You preferred it to be that way. Anyone who befriended the twins usually ended up with a dung bomb in their bag at some point and she was not going to allow herself to be pranked by them. With every successful prank their confidence grew and you was surprised that you hadn't choked to death on their egos.

You turned back to your half finished drawing, forgetting about Fred and George.

***

Your books fly from your hand with a swish and flick of your wand. You rush down the stairs, heading to Transfiguration. "I can't be late, I can't be late!" you mumble to yourself. Focusing on keeping your book levitating, you keep your eyes on them, letting your feet carry you to class.

You bump into someone and your books fall to the floor. You pick them up, then look to find the person you crashed into. Sprawled on the floor was Fred, his hand on his nose, which was bleeding heavily.

"Oh my god! Fred! I'm so sorry!" You run to his side and pick him up. "Come on now! I can't carry your dead weight!" He lifts himself and you bring him to the Infirmary.

Halfway through the trip he passed out from loss of blood, so you give up and used a levitation charm. It was funny, rushing down the halls, students watching in horror as you pass by them casually, with an unconscious Weasley twin floating by your side, blood dripping from his nose. Well, it would have been funny if you had stopped to see the look on the students' faces.

Madam Pomfrey was a bit skeptical when you told her that you knocked down Fred and making his nosebleed, due to your tiny physique, but took him in.

Madam Pomfrey was caring for her patients but you were stubborn. Madam insisted on her leaving but you sit in the chair beside Fred and cross your arms. "I'm sorry Madam, but I am not leaving until Fred leaves completely healed."

Madam Pomfrey sighs. "Okay, but I will not explain to your teachers why you're missing class."

"Didn't expect you to," you say under her breath while Madam Pomfrey cast a spell to clean the dry blood from Fred's cheeks, lips,and nose.

Madam walked away and you study Fred. Everyone knew that all the Weasleys had ginger hair, light skin, and freckles, but she started noticing the little things, like how his fingernails were bitten to the skin and how his eyelashes were slightly fluttering from his breath. You fall asleep, your head resting on your knees.