fifth

[a/n] chapters are going to be more story like (if that makes any sense) and there won't be as many time skips.

may 3, 2017, 12:38 pm
jungkook«

"I think I want to become an American singer," I say to my hyungs who were all eating at the table.

Namjoon hyung snorts, "You're not American, Jungkook."

I furrow my brows, "Okay?"

Jin hyung rubs my back soothingly, "It means no."

"Why not?"

"You're Korean." Yoongi hyung says before shoving a handful of food into his mouth.

"I know."

"Not American," Jimin hyung adds.

"Thanks, hyung, I don't think I had quite gotten it those first fifty times."

He nods and continues eating.

"I think you can do it," Taehyung says from his seat across from me. "I mean, if you really wanted to. . . I think you could make it far."

I smile.

Hoseok hyung speaks up, "Tae, how could a Korean be an American artist?"

"I don't think you get what he's trying to say, Hobi hyung. Jungkookie could make it in any music industry he wanted to, have you heard his voice?"

My hyungs shake their heads.

Taehyung is the only one of my hyungs I've sung for. And that was usually only when he snuck into my room to look at the stars with me. I look over to him and his mouth is wide open.

"You can't be serious. He's got the best voice I've ever heard. Ever."

"Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook? This kid right here? The one and only meme machine?" Namjoon starts.

"There's just no way." Jin hyung swallows.

Taehyung looks at each of them, examining their faces for a long time. He stops when he gets to me and nods. "Sing."

"What? Right now?"

Taehyung shrugs, "Yeah, why not?"

"Um. No."

"Sing."

"No."

"Come on, sing for your hyungs!" Jimin sighed.

"No."

"Sing for us!" Hoseok shouted.

"No."

"Sing," They all say simultaneously. And it goes from there.

"Sing

Sing

Sing

Sing!"

I groan, hiding my face in my hands. "Please stop, I don't want to sing in front of everyone."

Jin hyung sighs, "Well, if you can't sing in front of your closest brothers how do you expect to be able to sing in front of millions of Americans?"

I freeze. He has a point, after all. "I was planning on practicing . . ."

"This is the perfect opportunity for practicing, Jungkookie!" Jimin hyung says encouragingly.

My hyungs are nice, but I'm not comfortable with how they're all staring at me and expecting me to bust out in song.

Taehyung cocks a brow, clearly amused. "Guys, just leave him be until he's ready."