- Chapter 1 -

I never wanted to blend in

I never wanted to blend in. I only have few friends. I'm also not an acer when it comes to studying but I'm not not the type who's careless about my grades. I just go with the flow.

One thing I'm good at is sketching and a little bit of dancing. Though in sketching, I can't draw anything when I'm not in the mood. You can say that I don't have the gift of creativity.

I recently found out that I can dance. My class needed to participate in a hiphop dance compitition in school and one of our dancer was injured. My friend volunteered me to join since she always see me dance whenever we're hanging out at home. I never put an effort to dancing. I just thought I danced goofy around my friends but when the dancers told me that I got great moves and control, dancing got my interest.

This is when a few of my guy schoolmates started to notice me. I've never given them much attention since I knew who they are. These guys were just after a new good looking face. You can say, they're popular. They never noticed me before so why do have I returned the favor?

I've never been aware of my looks. My friends told me I'm too plain to look at and I needed to make myself look good. Apparently, I'm wasting my good looks, or so they say.

Everyday, high school gets boring. I'm on my 3rd year now in as a senior high and it's a new school year. I knew every students' faces but not their names. We just past each other by. I don't care who they are. I just care about my friends.

I guess I can say I'm an introvert.

___________________________________________________

"Lisa! Wait for me!" my bestfried, Jisoo called out. She's been running, rushing after me. I decided to leave our meeting place since she's a slow poke.

"You could've waited for another 5 minutes." she said, catching her breath.

"It's getting dark. I already waited for 6 times from 5minutes that you said. That's equivalent to 30 minutes of standing outside the music room."

"Kudos! Your good at Math!" she said teasingly. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk.

She walk beside me and and hang her over mine "Have you heard? Our school will be having 7 transfer students and 3 of them are in our class. They'll be coming tomorrow. I heard the teachers say that they're quite good looking."

"You really amaze me on your gossiping skills, especially when it comes to boys." I scoffed

"Hey, it's not my intention to eavesdrop. I was just passing by." Jisoo defended, stomping her feet.

"Yeah, yeah.. your usual alibi." I smirked.

Jisoo and I were best friends since freshmen year. She's the first person who talked to me. She's very friendly, unlike me.

We were walking home together today since our houses are at the same direction and her boyfriend had an overtime practice at the basketball club. Her boyfriend is an athlete.