Goodbye.

We get a 3 minute visit. 3 minutes to say goodbye to somebody you love. 3 minutes to say what's likely to be your last goodbye ever. How could this happen?!?! 

I got reaped. It should be me in that room, not Katniss. I wouldn't have wanted to go, but how can I let Katniss go either? I can't. 

But then I see her. She is still in her reaping clothes, and she is smiling. But she is not happy. She is smiling to hold back the tears. To hold back everything. And I know that she is doing it for Mom and I. So I start to cry. Because, how great of an older sister do I have, that she would conceal all her fear and sadness, just to make me feel aright? And then, how will  I ever let go of her if she dies? Her arms are around me, and I can't hold back the tears any longer. 

"Sh, Prim, it's going to be okay. You're going to be okay." 

But what about you?  I think.  Are you going to be okay?  But of course I know she isn't. Even if she wins, she'll never be okay again. I've seen those past winners of The Games. I've seen all those million fake smiles on their faces. And I know that Katniss will never become the same if she comes out alive.

But still, a different Katniss who is alive, is better than any Katniss who is dead. So I have to ask her.

"Promise me." Is all I can get out before the tears overcome me again. 

"What, Prim? Promise you what?" Her voice is urgent, and I can tell that it is getting hard for her not to cry.

"Promise me you'll try to win." Is all I can get out. But I want so much more than that. I want her to promise that she'll win, that she'll be okay, that she doesn't have to go, doesn't have to kill anyone. I want to know that I could stay here as long as I want, safe in my big sister's arms. But. I know she can't promise any of those things. I start to shake in her arms, my sobs dry in my throat, coming out as sharp breaths. My last sharp breaths with her. 

"I promise, Prim." She holds me tighter than ever. "I promise." 

I can't move. I wouldn't want to even if I could. All I can do is hold onto her so tightly. I here Katniss telling Mom something about not fading away like she did after Dad died. But I can't here her. All I can here is the one thought over adn over again in my head.

She is going to dies. These are your last moment with her. She is going to die. 

I feel as if I'm breaking. Snapping. Shattering into a thousand pieces. Because I don't want her to die. She can't die. I know my sister. She will fight them. I may be only twelve, but I'm not stupid. I know these games aren't about peace. They're about the Capitol scaring us into letting them control us. But if Katniss can win, if I can keep my sister, I don't care about what that shows people.  I just want my sister. 

But then there are other people in the room, and they are dragging me away, away from Katniss,  and I know that this might be the last time I ever see her. The sobs are coming out me, but I don't realize thay're mine, for a moment. They are so strong, it feels as if there is an earthquake inside of me. 

This is my last goodbye to Katniss. But then I remember. She said she would fight. She said she would try to win. She could win.

"Fight." Is all my breath will allow before I start dry sobbing again. 

I know she has a chance. I know that I don't care what message it sends about the capitol if she wins normally. Does that make me selfish? Probably. But can you blame me? She's my sister. She's the thing that's always kept me alive. By food, yes, but when Dad died, she was the one to hold me when I cried. She was the one to tell me it was going to be alright.

                                                              —————————————————————-

That night, I curl up in Katniss's bed. She used to sing me to sleep. Now she is gone. And so is Peeta. 'Was never there a story of more woe...'  That was how it all ended. Did the authors of my our lives decide to take that as a challenge? It seems like it. If things keep going the same, I'll be dead within the next two years! But that won't matter. Because Katniss will already be gone.  

She used to sing me a song. I always fell asleep as she was finishing.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm.

Here you dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place

Where I love you.

And so I fall asleep in my bed drenched with tears.

Hey! Sorry for not updating sooner! Once again, I do not own any of the characters, or the plot, those belong to Suzanne Collins. I just wanted to say that I'll be updating a new chapter every Sunday from now on. 

Thanks!

JellyfishGirl1!