The Casino

The sound of gambling drew me in. Inside, the ceiling lights were muted, a thousand glowing slot machines lighting the room. The glowing of these machines were mesmerising with occasional chimes and beeps. They silently taunt you to make your decision, the buttons softly glowing before you.

Each of the guards in the doorways were vigilant, and whatever they missed, the eyes in the sky didn't. The ceiling littered with dome security cameras constantly watching, as I stand with forbidden items in hand. Phones, laptops, general electronic devices weren't allowed, they could be used to cheat the system after all.

Plush carpet spread across the floor, and walls lined with expensive art. The casino filled with constant colour and undertone of the slot machines. Nothing but colour and noise wherever you went, it flooded the room ceiling to the floor.

The sounds were almost robotic, clanks and tinks filled the air with occasional beeps and the pressing of buttons, the silence was strange yet somehow familiar, the only other noise was a few commuters huffing to themselves. None talk. No, these gamblers were serious, all focused on their machines. Some pull levers and others push buttons. All with the same intent.

Blackjack, roulette and poker were in the centre of the casino, guarded by the rows of slot machines. There's talk here, although the players only used abbreviated language saying only 'stand' or 'gimme another'. The only noise between that was the patter of the dealer as he handed out cards and raked in the chips.