Lainey's Journey

==== Chapter 1 ====

Gregory grabs the step stool, pushes it in front of the bathroom sink and climbs up to see himself in the mirror.
"Lainey, this skin cream you bought me is really helping my rosacea!" He squeals in excitement.

"I'm glad honey.. Could you hold on, I'm on the phone with my new sponsorship." Lainey responds.

Gregory huffs and jumps off the step stool.
This is their fifth sponsorship this week. They never have time for me anymore, He mumbles to himself.
He pulls out his phone and opens twitter to tweet about everything he's had to endure in the last few moments.
"I have come to the conclusion based on recent events, that my marriage is not of high importance to my spouse. They have decided to choose their job over spending time together.
Onision: not important
Work: important"

"I'm off the phone Gregory! What were you saying?" Lainey yells from the office.

Gregory perks his head up from his phone. He deletes the tweet and shoves his phone back into his pocket.
"Coming!" He says with glee.

Later that night

Lainey climbs into bed, after finishing a long day of hard work. They grab their phone and check their notifications.
"Gregory, I just got an email.. is this screenshot real? You think I don't take our marriage seriously?" Lainey  asks.

"What?! I didn't tweet that. That's just a hater trying to ruin our relationship, as always!" He says, defensively, his face turning red.

"You're probably right" lainey laughs it off and puts their phone away.
"I'm going to freshen up and then we will make love and go to bed. I have a big day tomorrow."

Lainey walks into the bathroom,
"Who is HE?" They say, as they check them self out in the mirror.
Lainey brushes their fingers through their long, thick beard.
"Blessed."
They finish their nightly skincare routine and return to the bedroom.

"Greggy, you don't really think I chose work over you, do you? It's just that, beautybot just hit 5 million subscribers and I can't keep up with all these sponsorship offers! Tarte is almost done with the beautybot collaboration, it's set to release Friday and.."
Greg cuts her off.

"I cannot believe you would trust the dishonest haters over me. I can't even look at you right now."
Gregory jumps up from the bed, his face turning red again. "I'm sleeping in the guest house tonight. Enjoy your new FRIENDS." He says as he slams he bedroom door.

Lainey sits on the bed in shock. Adrenaline and testosterone start to kick in and Lainey jumps from the bed and storms out the door.
"Don't you dare speak to me like that again Gregory James." They roared with such impact that Gregory began to tremble.

They sat in silence for a moment before lainey returned to the bedroom, slamming the door behind them and locking it.

*taking back Sunday begins blaring from the bedroom*

==== Chapter 2 ====

Lainey lets out a long sigh and lies their head down on their desk. distracted from work, photoshopping their newest photoset for patreon. They cannot get the image of Gregory's tantrum the other day, out of their head. Visibly irritated, they close photoshop and get up from their computer.

"Lainey, we are back from soccer practice" a voice from downstairs says.

Lainey's face lights up with joy. They run downstairs and are met with their two beautiful children, Trent and Casey.
"How did it go?" They ask.
"Great! Trent had a great time and Casey made a new friend!" Sarah says as she sets down her bags.
The kids run off to play.