13

"There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me

"There's a degree of difficulty in dealing with me."

I smirked, walking into Izzy's room, two pans in my hands. I quickly flipped her light switch on with my elbow before banging the pans together.

Izzy, who was under the covers, started flopping around like a fish out of water. "Wakey wakey!" I yelled and stop the banging the pans. Izzy pushed the blanket off of her face, glaring at me with her hair looking like a birds-nest. I laughed in amusement, sitting down the pans on her dresser before I pounced on her bed. "Happy birthday, sis."

"You remembered?" She asked me in disbelief.

"Of course I remembered you're birthday," I told her sadly, swallowing thickly. "Did you think I forgot?"

"No." I gave her a look. "Yes, but that's not what I meant." At her look, I realized what she meant.

"Of course I remember our tradition," I told her gently. "When I was out there, everytime your birthday came around, I would think about it, think about me waking you up with as much noise as possible." I tucked a strand of your hair behind her ear. "I remembered that we would spend all day together doing whatever, and then I would force you to dress up and play model." We both chuckled at that, picturing a five year old Bella with one of mom's dresses on, and high-heels on. "What I'm really saying is that I never once stopped thinking about you."

"I never stopped thinking about you either." Bella launched herself at me, quietly crying. I sighed, rubbing her back.

"Come on, birthday girl, we're going to the beach." I grinned, pulling back from her. At her look of horror, I explained, "Today, it's actually warm out, so we're skipping school and going straight to the beach." I stood up for her bed. "Now, get ready, lazy ass."

"WHY the beach?" She questioned as we walked along the beache's shore. I wiggled my feet in the muddy sand. "And how are you're feet not freezing?"

"We're at the beach because it's La Push, a place I haven't been in years," I told her simply, shrugging. "And my feet?" I questioned. "I guess years being isolated gets you used to a lot of things." Like pain.

At that, I look down at my bruised ankle and arm, my shoes being held in my left hand. My right hand then flew up to my neck where the bite laid. The Cullen's are confused on why I didn't turn, so they decided to guess and say that James had bit me without the venom, just meaning to suck me dry. But, I know he pushed that venom into me. I felt it course throughout me. The only thing that might've stopped the venom was the fact that I have already died and I might not have a soul that the venom could sink into. Either way, I still have a bite mark on my neck.