Sneaking Around

Class had just ended, but instead of leaving right away like they always did Farkle stayed in his seat. When his friends asked if he was okay he replied that he was and he just wanted to read ahead in their textbook for a bit. They shrugged it off and left, no one saw the look between Maya and Farkle, it was just a small one, but it said alot in that moment.

A few minutes passed then Maya was sitting in Riley's desk in front of him. "Where ya going with that stuff?" She asked with a smirk. He looked up and gave her a smirk of his own.

"Wherever it takes me." He stood and grabbed her hand. "Let's go."

They snuck down the hall to the janitor's closet happy that Harley wasn't there at the moment.

Farkle took off his backpack and pulled out a bottle. He cracked it open, took a long swig from it, then he sighed in relief feeling all his anxiety melt away. He smiled.

"Don't hog it." Maya snapped.

He just grinned and pulled out another bottle. "Relax. I brought enough for a private party."

Maya took it, opened it, and gulped down as much as she could until she had to breathe. She could already feel a buzz taking over her entire brain and making her feel light and happy.

"Did you bring some party favors too?" She asked breathless.

Farkle smirked. "Please, I never leave home without them." He pulled a small bag out of his black jeans and Maya licked her lips. "How many do you want?"

"Just one. We still have two classes and I don't want to get caught." She said holding out her hand. He shook two into it.

"So what? You'll just fall asleep anyway." He shrugged. "Live a little, dollface." He grinned.

Maya shrugged. "You got a point." She brought the pills up to her mouth, swallowed, then drank some more beer. "I love you."

Farkle smiled. "You only admit that when you're buzzed."

Maya smirked. "I know. Perfect time to take advantage of me."

"I would never!" He scoffed.

Maya giggled. "I know." She walked closer to him. "That's why I love you so much, Farkley." She kissed his cheek and he blushed.

"Come on, Maya. Quit it."

"Sorry, but I can't cause it's true." She shrugged and kissed his other cheek. She put her arms around his neck and swayed from side to side in front of him.

Farkle groaned. "You're such a lightweight. Why do I always let you do this with me?"

Maya pouted then she smirked. "Because... we can be free. Fly like birds across the blue."

Farkle rolled his eyes.

"Because you didn't want to be alone and Riley is a good girl." Maya stated smartly.

Farkle sighed. "I know. Okay, close your mouth and try not to sway so much. We gotta get to class then you gotta sleep." He swallowed down a couple pills then they left the closet. He was practically carrying Maya, but he had done it before and no one ever noticed so he didn't care.

He was halfway to class when he saw Lucas walking down the hall. Lucas, Riley's crush and their new friend. He didn't like him much, but Lucas did stick up for him with Billy Ross so Farkle decided he wasn't that bad.

"Hey guys." Lucas said walking up to them. He blinked then chuckled. "Is Maya half asleep already?" He teased her.

Maya scoffed. "In your dreams, Hick-leberry." She hiccupped.

Lucas went from smirking to frowning. "You okay Maya?"

Farkle bumped her with his hip so she would stand up straight.

"I'm fine, Ranger Rick." Maya said pretending to be sober like she has done many times before, with Riley, with Cory, even a few times with her own mother.

"Okay." Lucas shrugged. "See you guys in class. I have to get something from my locker."

Farkle nodded. "Sure thing, buddy. See ya in class."

He got to the classroom and saw Riley was already there talking to her father, their teacher, he snuck around them cautiously and put Maya in her seat, she immediately put her head down on her folded arms on top of the desk and fell asleep, then he sat down in his and opened his book.