Lucas the Human

Sans opened his eye, his left eye can't shut, and he was in his house again on the couch. He sat up alerted and started to look for his brother. He walked shakily to the kitchen.
"P-Papyrus?" he called out but no answer.
He was in the kitchen now with now sign of the skeleton. The flashbacks of Undyne's death filled his skull. It wasn't him that was doing it... it might've been his actions but not his soul and mind. Before he knew it, tears were in rivers from his eyes. Something burnt like fire in the cracks of his skull. He swiped his index finger under his left eye on the cracks; it was the tears that were hurting him. Suddenly a loud clanging noise was hears from upstairs. Sans's left eye flared in blue and jumped like a spooked cat.
He walked out of the kitchen and into the living room towards the stairs. He came to a stop in front of Papyrus's door. Sans knocked. He heard a huge clanging noise as if he had stacks of pots. The door opened with Papyrus standing in the door way. He had bags under his eyes. His "eyelids" were fighting to stay up.
"P-Papyrus? What are you doing?" Sans asked.
Papyrus just shrugged and opened the door more to reveal... yup! Stacks of pots..
"Collecting," he replied shyly.
"W-what about your puzzles?"
"It doesn't matter, brother."
"Looking out for humans?"
"Don't you remeber? That's your job Sans, so go look out for humans."
Sans stepped back surprised. Papyrus never acted this way... it was strange. Papyrus, then, sighed and shut the door to a crack.
"Just... don't bother me, Sans," he said and shut the door.
Sans stood there confused. Sans decided to watch out for humans, so to speak. He walked to the Ruins door until he saw a silhouette of a human. A child. It was a little boy of dirty blond hair and bright green eyes. He had a teddy bear in his left hand. Since Sans saw that he wasn't such a threat, he teleported in front of him making the boy flinch and clutch the teddy bear to his chest.
"Hello there, uh... my name's Sans, what's yours?" The little boy smiled.
"Lucas!" He said excitingly. Sans chuckled and realized the boy didn't have anything warm on except oversized jeans.
"C'mon, Lucas, you look cold." Sans took of his jacket and gingerly wrapped it around the boy as the bottom of the jacket met the bottom of Lucas's knees. Sans, then, casually held out his hand for the boy to hold. Lucas cutely took Sans's hand.
"Where are we going?" the boy asks his green eyes filled with wonder.
"Uh, my house. When was the last time you ate?"
"Last night." Lucas said hungrily.
Sans looked at him with a genial smile,"Well, good thing my b-brother likes to cook."
The boy's eyes lit up in excitement. Sans decided to walk instead of taking a "shortcut" to his house. It took a couple of minutes to get there, hiding Lucas from the other monsters. It's not like Undyne could just come here any minute, at least, not anymore. They finally reach the two storied house. Sans waited for Lucas to observe the outside of it; even though the real reason is he wants to avoid Papyrus. He's afraid. Sans never asked for any of this to happen. He never asked for the fusion. He never asked to kill Undyne. To scar Papyrus's mind.
        Tears was in his eyes until there was a sudden tug on his shirt. Sans looked beside him onto Lucas's bright, green eyes.
"Are we going to go in?" He asked.
        Sans smiled and opened the door. Lucas walked excitingly in and looked around in the living room. Sans shut the door and starting sweating; nervous of what might happen or what they decide to happen.

Continued...