Sonic Boom: Placebo Effect

Sonic Boom:

Placebo Effect

By: Cutegirlmayra (Okay, so someone near and dear asked me in a recent Discord Event a question about if I was going to make any Boom!Sonamy fanfiction. I didn't have any plans for one, but then I realized my only Sonic Boom story was a script, and I immediately had a better idea for a story formatted sequence of unfortunate events XD This should be fun~)

Sonic spun up from the ground before immediately being shoved back by another on-coming laser, forcing him to skid across the sand once more.

"OFfph!" he fell backwards, rolling his head slightly as he moaned from the shock of the impact. "A laser and whiplash. Could this day get any worse?"

"Who-ho-ho-ho!"

Eggman stuck his nose far up in the air and laughed.

"Sounds like someone's finally on the other side of the beatdown!" Eggman then rubbed his head, bringing it down as if having a moment of evil empathy. "Hurts, doesn't it?"

Sonic frowned, growling as his lips parted momentarily to show his annoyance with slightly slanted teeth. However, he felt a pang of worry the second he heard a high pitched cry. Turning around, he saw the sand of the coast spray up from impact.

When it settled at a dramatic angle, he looked to see Amy laying against the once disturbed sand... face down.

"Amy!" Sonic hurried to her side, sliding with one foot to skillfully pull himself around in an arch around her. He quickly adjusted himself and leaned over her, searching for any sign of movement...

"Augh..." she looked pretty knocked out and rolled her face slightly in its sandy tomb. "Sonic..?" she asked, rubbing her cheek away from he warm sand and hazily looking around, as though delirious for a moment.

"Phew. You really made a cannonball in the sand there, didn't ya? Uh-wah-ah! N-no-not saying you caused that from your weight or anything! Your weight's fine! Uhh.." he realized his mistake too late, accidentally worried she took that as a 'fat' joke. Which... she wouldn't have. In fact... to Sonic she was rather slender... a slight curve here and there... and maybe a little- Gah! Weird thoughts! Banish, vanish, diminish!

Faintly, as he shook his bundled fists and squinted his eyes shut as if saying something to himself in his mind, Amy spoke out again... "I... I've wanted to say... that I really... I really like..."

Her voice lulled away as her mostly slit eyes finally closed shut, and she seemed to softly faint to the ground. Her head untensed and slightly rolled to one side as though her neck stopped supporting it all together.

"...Really like what?" His eyes were fixated in a strange stare at her. While curiosity nested on his mind, the rest of the team began to get the upper hand on Eggman. They pushed him back while he lifted his arms up as if surrendering or maybe trying to protect himself?

Sonic leaned a little more away from her, gesturing his hands out again towards space, unable to let this lack of closure go. "Ice cream? Battles on the beach? Me showing even remotely any concern about your well-being whatsoever? Well, it can't be Meh Burger..."

-Sonic's Shack-

Amy slowly opened her eyes, blinking in confusion as she groaned slightly and leaned up, touching her head. She felt some pain shoot up and connect with the touch, understanding then that the bump she got was worse than she imagined.

She found the surface to be rather... unstable. So when she looked down, she was quite shocked to see herself laying in Sonic's hammock.

"Hey! You're finally up."