Excerpts from the Chronicles of THE LION

Life is short. I am now made aware of that fact. Here I am, just turned forty yet I came face to face with death. And it was a horrible, horrible feeling.

I realized that being Theodore "Seven" de Leon, the business tycoon has no bearing in there.
Even my Korean idol persona, Heechul Kim, can't sass away from death.

And so I prepared myself.

Mentally, I pictured myself as a white translucent object hovering over my family. Watching them celebrate holidays and birthdays. I imagined my future grandchildren.

Well it seems that I can only imagine. My children has no plans of marrying.

And that was my only regret. Dying early. If only I were to live an extra five years or so. I could marry them off.

This must be my karma.

Karma for hurting all those women.

But meh. There's an eternity for me to regret and repent in hell.

I'm not religious but when I miraculously regained consciousness after losing pulse and heart beat for two complete minutes I plan to be one. I promise.

Don't be shocked if I start this sneaky little business of mine. Well, I've been doing this for years for friends so wouldn't it be nice to do it for family?

You see I have thirteen children. To answer your question, yes they came from different mothers.

What can I say? I am such a pretty man.

I'm starting off my plan with a bang!

First off, my son Seungcheol. This son of mine used to be fun. He was used to be called Scoups when he had his rapping obsession. I used to follow him around underground rap battles.

What a headache he was!

Thankfully he got to his senses. He started taking business seriously. He manages our chains of malls and helps me run our tv station. I was proud of what he has become.

Problem is he took business too seriously. The man is twenty two and only has series of flings. He is such a playboy.

So me. The old Seven de Leon.

Now, I am happily married. Oh don't get me started. My wife, Hani, is as sweet as honey yet firm as steel. Only she can whip me. So fitting for my surname, de Leon which means THE LION.
I would be happy if my children could find their happiness as much as I have found mine.

I am getting old. Or rather I might not reach the age where it is proper to call me old. And so I wish to marry off Seungcheol and hopefully his brothers would take the hint and follow through.
And the girl? She is exactly what my son needs.

Someone bright, literally and figuratively. A girl with good disposition in life and who can challenge Seungcheol intellectually.

I've met her years ago and I'm glad my stupid heart attack brought her back to me.

If her parent could only see how good our babies look together. They are perfect I'm telling you. But they need a little Seven magic for them to see that they are meant to be.

With a little diet change and exercise I'll see to it that I'll live long enough to see a child born to them. And my dear wife Hani would have nothing to worry. She'll have my children and grandchildren to fret about after I'm dead and gone.

Bullocks! This is making me cry.