9. The Badge and The Burden

Ruby POV

Weiss: *yawn*

Ruby: *whistle blows*

Weiss: gah!

Ruby: Goooood morning team​ RWBY!

Weiss: what in the world is wrong with you?

Ruby: now that you're awake we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss: excuse me?

Yang: decorating!

Weiss: what?

Blake: we still have to unpack.

*Luggage opens, contents​ pour out onto floor*

Blake: and clean.

Ruby: *blows whistle*

Weiss falls to the floor

Ruby: alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission. Banzai!

Yang & Blake: Banzai!

Weiss: *sighs* wait... Where is Bill

Ruby: oh, he left to ate breakfast he will meet as at class.

----Timeskip----

Ruby POV

Weiss: this, isn't going to work.

Blake: it is a bit cramped.

Yang: maybe we should ditch some of our stuff.

Ruby: or we could ditch the beds *gasps* and replace them with bunk beds!

Weiss: um, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: and super awesome!

Blake: it does seem efficient.

Weiss: well, we should put it to a vote.

Ruby: ha, I think we just did.

Blake: *ding*

Yang: *ding*

Weiss: *buzzer*

*Whoosh, construction noises*

Ruby: objective, complete!

Ruby: alright, our second order of business is!

Ruby: alright, our second order of business is!... Classes, now, we have a few classes today, at 9: 00 we've gotta be-

Weiss: what? Did you say 9 o'clock?!

Ruby: umm...

Weiss: It 8:55 you dunce!

Weiss starts running to class

Ruby: uhh, t-t-to, class!

Me, Yang and Blake ran after Weiss

Jaune: class? Wh-whaaa! Uullg! We're gonna be late!

(Team RWBY and JNPR)*sprinting to class*

----Timeskip to class----

Bill POV

Peter: monsters! Demons... Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names.

Ruby: *snoring*

Peter: but I, merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah! Haha.

*Cricket chirping*

Peter: uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. Now as I was saying, Vale, as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise​ treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsman! Huntresses... *Clicking of tongue*

Yang: uhh, heheh...

Bill's mind: really?

Peter: individuals​ who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... This very world!

Student: eyyy-yeah!

Peter: that is what you are training to become. But first, a story. a tale of a young, handsome, man. Me. When I was a boy, blah blah blah...(fades into background) despite smelling of cabbages​, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter" he told me, blah blah blah (fades into background again)

Ruby: *giggling to herself*

Ruby holds up a piece of paper that say Prof poo.

Bill's mind: still acts like a kid... Hehe.

Ruby & Yang: *laughing*

Peter: *clears throat* in the end the beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity. And I returned ​to my village​with the beast in captivity and my head held high. Celebrated, as a hero. *Bows* the moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable. A true huntsman must be dependable. A true huntsman must be strategic... Well-educated... And wise! Now who among you believe themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss: *hand shoots up* I do sir!

Peter: well then, let's find out.

*Cage rattling*

Peter: step forward, and face your opponent.

*Grimm growls*

End of chapter 9