Smile Kitty.

Smile Kitty

Listen, I was just an ordinary kid. I grew up on the country side with my mom, step dad, and little sister. It was peaceful too. I miss those days- but now my life is corrupted by nightmares and memories of my now dead family.

We had a blind cat- she had no eyes- who just never seemed content. We fed it, groomed it, showed it love and care. But it was never enough.

"Smile kitty!" My little sister called it, and told it to do. "Brother! Why doesn't kitty smile?" She always asked me that.

"Silly, kitties can't smile."

One day, our cat finally died. I didn't cry like my sister did, for I never loved the cat. We buried it and went on with life. Nights after that thing's death were never the same. I would hear scratching at the door, like how our cat smile used to do. In the morning I would check and there would be inhuman claw marks on the door.

Of course I was freaked- who wouldn't be? Yet being my stubborn self, I paid no mind and just fixed the claw marks on the door, night after night.

Soon, I was fed up fixing up all the marks. I set up a camera to see what was making the scratches before I went to bed, one night. In the morning I went and picked up the camera on the wall and watched the video.

Instantaneously, my own soil regretted it. I managed to swallow the fear, the best I could, that had risen in me and played it. I skipped the first few parts until I saw a dark figure appear on the screen, coming down the hall.

Smile Kitty.

Smiley dragged her own decaying body to the door. Matted fur and bleeding sockets seemed to glare at the door. She picked up a paw and that contained nothing but Sharp bone claws and scratched at the door. Smile kept this up for a while before snapping her head to the camera. A smile creeped up on her face- inhuman, long, sharp teeth beaming at me through the video. She smiled ear-to-ear then the whole video went static. To my own horror, I knew I just let a demonic cat I know I heard her.

I panicked. "Brother? What's wrong?" I remember- I remember when she asked. I had let/made her sleep in my room with me that night. I didn't want her to be alone.

That night was tense. I had brought a kitchen knife with me just in case and hid it under my pillow. I'm pretty sure neither me or my sister slept that dark, intensifying, night.

The scratching started.

Jumping out of my place in bed, I took the knife shakily. The door creaked open, though I was sure I had locked it. "Smile Kitty..!" My sister gasped as the walking corspe made it's way in. I threw the knife at it and it got stuck in her back. But the only reaction was a pause and a growing smile on her face.

It attacked my sister as I ran out to find my parents, but all I found was the mutilated bodies of my once beloved mother and father. I turned- to meet the hungry, haunting, smile of my once bored, uncontent, innocent, cat. It was covered by my family's blood- all except mine and I know she wants more.

Smiley looks...content, for once. My once blind cute cat...

I managed to leave with my life that night. But, it haunts me to this day. Her scratching already decided my fate a long time ago and I hear it like a broken record every night. It's hungry, it has all blood except mine...

So, I think I'll give it to her...