2

The time was continuously marching down the tedious afternoon departure. The plane goes higher and higher until it touched the clouds, approaching the reddish sunset.

Lisa felt a little nauseous after the plane set into the mid air. She asked the flight attendant if she could have some medicine.

After a couple of minutes, the flight attendant handed her the medicine she had asked for.

Here's your medicine ma'm.
If you have other concern/s just give us a call.

Thank you.
Lisa replied in a hoarsely pitch.

Then she dozed off on her seat for a while. Embracing the soft pillow in her sleep.

-

She woke up hearing strange but familiar conversation-- it was her native language. She saw her Aunt talking to the airport's employee.

She stretched her arms widely and inhaled deeply; exhaled it out in a gentle and ladylike manner.

Finally I'm here,
She sighed in relief.

Seemingly odd emotions covered her heart. It was quite different. When she last visited this country, colorful pictures of sceneries greeted her first before her family. But now, dull color of grief was the only thing appeared before her eyes. It was completely darkness. Sadness.

She could hear her mother sobbing from a distance; her mother's soft and sweet voice contained guilt and happiness a the same time.

Pranpriya
Called by her mother with a cracked voice.

Mother.
She said in an unenergized tone.

Her mother hugged her tightly and she excitedly hugged back.

I've missed you Mom.

I've missed you too Honey. Let's go home and I'll cook your favorite food. And also your best friend will eat with us.

After a few minutes chitchat, they decided to go home early.

They left the bench and entered inside the simple red coated car owned by her mother. As they arrived at their home, classical music could be heard outside their house. It was her stepfather, playing his old music plaque collectibles. They knocked at the door and it opened within a second.

Her step dad welcomed her with a warm and sweet hug.

It's nice to see you again Panpriya.

For Lisa, it was good to be back at the place worthy to be called home.

Her Aunt went upstairs to clean up. Her mother assisted her to the sofa in the living room while her stepfather was preparing the foods in the kitchen.

She could say that the foods were tasty because of the smell of it. The smell lingered in her noise, flaunting its aroma and tempting her to eat voraciously. But the foods weren't yet ready.

Her step dad was a chef in a Swiss restaurant so definitely he cooked well. The smell made Lisa even hungrier. She leaned on the sofa while waiting for the food to be done.

She silently hummed along with the playing music and reminiscing the old days she spent with her family. She spent in this house. Going back to this place was the start of the new chapter for Lisa.

She missed everything she left here. Even her old self. The simple, jolly, and talkative Lisa.

But a masculine voice disturbed her reminiscing moment.

Oh goodness. You're already here.

She didn't look at the place where the voice came from. It couldn't change anything if she would look at him. She was still blind.
But the familiarity of the voice made her pulse beat fast. She has been longing to hear this voice. The voice of her best friend.

Jirayu Laongmanee.
My buddy.
She shouted in astonishment.