All you need is Love

Well, hello my dear readers, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to write my one shot. But finally, it has an end. I hope you're going to enjoy it and I'm going to try my best to write a Valentines-One-Shot too :) thanks to ClaudiaCleland for the idea for the one-shot #NewYearsEveChallenge and please feel free to leave a comment at the end of my story and I hope you're going to like it, I had written a long time on this one-shot so please have mercy ;-) 

All you Need is Love!

31 December

A few days ago we celebrated Elizabeth's 14th birthday. Sometimes I seemed to me like it was yesterday when she was in my arms and I talked to her when she was only a few hours old.

"Hey, Dad, you got a second for me?" Lizzy asked when she came into my home office shortly after noon.

"Yeah sure come in. How are you?" I smiled at her in a lovely way and shut down my laptop. Work wasn't as important as my kids.

"I'm great Dad, and I know you want to spend the day together, but Jamie asked me out.
He wants to go to the New Years Eve ball in Hartford with me." She dropped the bomb, and for the first time, I looked puzzled at her. I frowned and before I could say anything she began to ramble again.

"Oh come on, Dad. Please nearly everybody is going to the annual new years eve ball. Please, Daddy."

I sighed and looked at her thoughtfully. "Honey-bee I.." I immediately stopped when she looked at me with her doe blue eyes.

Nervously she's biting her lips and takes a seat in front of my desk in my home office.

"Please, Dad. Mom said I should talk to you before she decides. Don't be so stubborn and stuffy like other Dads." She tried to convince me again.

In the end, I knew that it was impossible to avoid that my little Lizzy was on her way to growing up. Why shouldn't I let her go to the New Year's Eve dance?

If she just went with her cousins Laura and Zoey, I'd be relieved. But no, she wanted to go to the ball with my godson James, son of Finn and Rosemary.

Maybe I should give in. I've known Jamie since he was in his diapers. Although, I am afraid he'll break her heart. What kind of father would I be if I didn't have any objections? I love my daughter so much, but I can't protect her from everything.

To me, Elli will always be my little princess. No matter how old she was. With a smile, I have to think back how beautiful it has been to see her grow up.

It has been one of the most amazing things for me and Ace to explore the world with her. To show her stuff like riding a bike, swimming and learning the ABC's for school.

"Dad, is everything okay with you?" the voice of Elizabeth brought me back to reality.

"Yes, sweetheart, it's all right, and you can go to the ball with Jamie, but he has to bring you back on time at 11:30 pm. Not a minute later, yes?" it slipped out of my mouth. I was more than surprised about my answer.

Technically, I wanted her to be home at 10 pm, but I know how hard it was to deal with my parents when I was at the age like Lizzy is now.

I am glad that Lizzy grew up in a family with three other siblings, with parents who love and respect each other. Not like what my parents did.

Well, maybe my dad has changed a lot in the last few years. Thanks to Lizzy and his severe illness he finally came to his senses that there is more than just money and prestige in life. Much more.