Chapter Two: The Oracle

Marina's P.O.V.

I followed Reagan through town with only a black hoodie draped over my head. Many folks gave me a suspicious look. Especially when passing through Elf town, which just so happens to be the kind that keeps the balance at peace.. Elves are highly rich and have the best of the best. All major companies are owned by them and distribute all around the world.

We came across a suspicious club with neon lights lit up, spelling out the name, The Oracle. Apparently its rich in luxurious Naturals who await for those in need. Although, I highly doubt their main priority is helping.

"I thought you said this was a serious company, not some club!" I yelled over the loud music. Reagan laughed and shook her head.

"Naturals like to keep their businesses secret from human. That way they won't get annoying customers asking to turn them into vampires or wanting the good stuff." She laughed.

"Whats the good stuff?" I asked. We entered through a doorway that was draped with beads, the club music softly fading away as we walked down the dark hallway, with only a dim red light to shine through. Naturals of all sorts lingered around, either kissing strangers or making their dealings with humans.

Reagan came to a stop at a door with a gold star plastered on the front, a name reading Madame Lucille.. Quickly, she gave a knock before stepping backwards.

"State your name and what it is you are seeking." Shouted the woman. I looked over at Reagan who tried to push me along, but I only stood there confused. Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a very beautiful tall woman with reddish orange curly hair. "Are you deaf human?" She laughed before opening the door wider, walking over towards her vanity as she continued with her makeup. "Please take a seat." She motioned.

I looked back to see if Reagan was behind me, but the door was shut without another person in sight. The only sound that filled the air was the faint music from the club.

"Marina Gonzales. How can I be of service to you?" She asked me, turning around in her chair and laying limp in it. She acted as if she was more older and wiser than me, but she looked to be no older than I.

"How do you know my name?" I asked her leaning forward. Madame Lucille laughed and pulled a strand behind her ear.

"Oh silly, don't you remember?" She smiled. After sitting in silence without muttering an answer, her smile dropped and her eyes widened. "Mars.. What did they do to you?" I was taken back by the sudden nickname.

"My father only called me Mars.. Who the hell are you and how do you know me?!" I asked standing up. I was only getting more confused and upset as she hesitated to tell me.

"Marina, please sit down." She begged. I slowly sat down and glared at her. She scooted her chair closer to mine and placed her hands on my wrists. I hadn't even realized I was gripping onto the arms of the chair. "Close your eyes, and everything will be revealed." She whispered.

Without another thought, I closed them. My mind pulling me in like a black hole as I struggled to let it take over me.

"Let your soul guide you." She whispered.

I began to relax the moment she spoke those words. And suddenly, I was a child again. Running through the backyard of my Grandparents home as I chased my Yorkshire Terrier, Max.

I tripped over a log in the garden, hitting my head on a rock. I sat up and placed a hand to my forehead, noticing the blood. But instead of panicking, I simply stood up and looked around for my dog.

"Max?" I asked. Peeping my head around the corner of the large hedges. "Max? Where'd you go boy?" I asked again.

"The real question is where are you, Marina?" A dark voice spoke. I jumped back, my sun hat falling off my head as I bumped into the hedge. The shadow of the man began to loom over me as it got larger and larger with every breath I took. "No matter where you go, who you choose to erase those secrets from me, or what body you choose, I will find you.. Just as I have now.."