A new chapter

Chapter 2

     Two weeks after our wedding,we had our honeymoon in France, Paris. It was lovely. Winter in Paris. Everywhere was cuddled with snow. Children laughing and gliding on ice so gracefully. Couples were everywhere. City of love is prettier in winter. It looked so pure and comforting. The Eiffel Tower stood proudly in the middle. Sounds of camera flicks. There was a mime near the café. It's amazing how he makes it looks like he was trapped in a box. His exaggerated make up and expressions were priceless. I drop a quarter in his hat. He gave me a bow of appreciation. Scarlet was silent since morning. Although she smiled, her eyes looks worried. Scarlet walked ahead and sat on a nearby bench. I continued walking at a slow pace, looking at the surroundings. The trees have white blankets covering their branches. Birds were chirping and there were butterflies in different variety of warm colors. I sat beside Scarlet. She was staring at the two little girls playing with snowballs. She displayed her beautiful smile and I couldn't help but fell in love with her. The two girls were dressed in pink and have blue eyes and blonde hair.Both of them were running around as their parents not too far away from where they are, staring at them, just like us. I held Scarlet's hand but her eyes still glued to the girls.

     " Charlie, are you ready to be a father?" She said without looking at me.

      " No." My answer directed her attention to me. She held my hands tight. Her warm green eyes stared at me for a few seconds.

    " Too bad ,you don't have a choice. I'm pregnant."

I just stared at her. She looked me in the eyes as if she was searchinng for my soul. I was speechless. Well, this was unexpected. Her constant vomiting made a whole lot of sense now. I thought she had food poisoning. I better start asking my parents for advice and buying parenting books. She did say I didn't have a choice well, why not I make this a good choice then. Don't worry little one, you're gonna be proud of your papa. Well,I hope.

     " That's quick. I mean...wow..In 9 months, we're both gonna be parents. This is amazing Scar. Hmm...why not we take a bite at the nearby café?"

    " That would be lovely." She looped her arms around mine and we walked towards the nearest café. We sat down after we ordered our drinks. The walls were painted in cream and there were cartoon coffee cups printed in black. Paintings by famous artists such Vincent Van Gogh, Andy Warhol and Picasso decorated the walls. It had wooden floor. The cafe looks simple but felt comforting. I picked up our orders and sat across Scarlet. We both ordered coffee and chocolate cake. As I took a sip, the coffee instantly warmed my body like , the feeling similar to being hugged by your mother. The coffee tasted rich. I couldn't understand why a person doesn't like coffee. They're totally missing it. Plus drinking coffee in Paris,it couldn't get any better than that. I looked at Scar as she was fiddling with her coffee cup.

      " Scar, you don't look okay. You want to go back home tomorrow?" I place my hands on top of hers.

      " Oh nothing. I was thinking of what to name the baby. I know it's a little to soon but I want to be ready." She glance at me.

         " Well, here's an idea.You think of a boy's name while I think of a girl's name. Sounds fair?" She nod her head in agreement. We both thought of a name as we ate our cake. We gave each other a look,signalling that we were to say the names out loud in three seconds. One...two...three..

       " Lily!"

       " Alexandra!" We both stared at each other as the other customers were whispering and looking at us. They're probably not parents. They have no idea on how we feel right now. We both explained the names we chose. Lily is my favorite type of flower and Alexendra means Warrior. We ended up agreeing with both names. We walked a little more around Paris before going back to our hotel room. We went back to London the next day. We didn't take much picture in Paris. I know it's a waste not taking pictures. There are loads of picture on that website which teenagers use these days...the goomel..no..goople..Argh yeah whatever it is. We went back to Scarlet's apartment. It was night when we reach London. Her parents lived there too. Her apartment has wooden tiles, blue walls , pictures of her family dangles on the wall near the fireplace and signs on each bed room doors. Just in case. Her parents, Mr and Mrs Grey greeted us warmly.