3rd

You've noticed that you were still smiling on the way home

You've noticed that you were still smiling on the way home. Oh,God. What the hell is that? Stop smiling. Your carriage stopped and you went to the house.

"Mrs. Shelby,"-a woman named Cecilia hurried to you,- "Mr.Shelby called ,he said that there would be guests by the evening." You made a sour face.

"Our wedding was just yesterday. Which guests?"

"I don't know, Mrs.Shelby."

"Alright, Cecilia, Thank you. And, please, call me Jasmin,"- Cecilia smiled."But, Mrs.Shelby, I can't.."

"I don't like formalities and it's important to feel free at home. In my house we used to do that,"-Cecilia nodded."As you wish, Jasmin." You smiled and Cecilia went to the kitchen.

You went upstairs to prepare for guests. You were standing in front of mirror in beige dress with pearls on it. You kept your hair as it was. You wanted to go downstairs, but remembered that your aunt gave you a bobby pins, they were in the form of snakes. You've never worn those hair clips. They look very rude. You always thought. But considering your current situation you thought they would be just right.

You went down, Thomas was at home already. He was talking with someone known as Johnny Dogs.

"They will be here any minute. You'll get their cars and wait until Arthur comes up, we should keep them here longer. They don't need to suspect anything. Come on. Hurry! Hurry!" - Tommy was in a rush. Johnny stepped outside. Tommy exhaled and turned around when you were approaching to the hallway. He looked at you from head to foot. It was as if he was frozen.

"I heard there will be guests,"-you stood in front of him.

He blinked."Yes. Yes. They are from Russia."

"Oh, I see. But I was unaware, you didn't tell me." Something was wrong with him.

"Um, it was an unexpected call from them,"-There was an awkward pause. "Nice snakes,"-he added looking at your hair,-"I thought you might have much in common with them." He pointed at the bobby pins.

You nodded and made a fake smile."That's very kind of you, Thomas."

By then, however, you heard the sound of approaching cars. Cecilia went to open the door. Thomas put his hand on your waist and squeezed it a bit pulling to himself.

"Pretend like we're a happy couple." He said smiling to you when the guests went inside.

"It'll be tough,"-you smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.

The rest of the evening was painless enough. You were talking with a Duchess and a Countess and Thomas went upstairs with a Duke to discuss their work. You studied Russian for 2 years in junior high school, but you didn't think that it would be needed to know this language until that night.

"Она вроде милая и умная. Интересно, что она нашла в этом Шелби,"-The Countess said the Duchess.' She seems cute and smart.I wonder what she's found in that Shelby.'

You heard it but only smiled pretending like you don't understand. "Наверное, повелась на деньги,"-The duchess answered looking at you.'Probably,it's because of money.' You stood up.

"Знаете, есть кое-что, чего вам не понять. А его люблю,"-you said with a thick accent.'You know,there's something that you wouldn't understand. But I love him.' They looked at each other and smiled confusedly.

The guests left by night. You and Thomas were in your bedroom. Thomas was shirtless, he was smoking and you were sitting across from him in a black lace nightwear at the other edge of the bed.

"What were they like? The guests?' -he asked as he smoked. 'Fine, I was pretending to be a good wife.'

He nodded."Good."

'And what were you doing with the Duke?' You asked. 'I wanted him to work with me. We'll see what happens.' You nodded.

"See, we're not so bad couple. We're talking." He said and smoked again. You jumped off of the bed.

"C'mon. Remember our game from the childhood? When we run downstairs and if you don't catch me on the way to downstairs, I scream?" You laughed.

"You serious?" He asked.

"I am. Come on."

"Childish." He shook his head in disapproval.

"What? You got scared, poor Tommy?" You made a pitiful look on your face.

He smoked once again and put out the cigarette."Come here."

You laughed and ran out of the bedroom. You ran to the ladder and climbed down. There were too many stairways. Tom rushed after you. You laughed as you got closer to the last stair. Once you reached the first floor, you wanted to scream, but Thomas grabbed you from behind and covered your mouth with his other hand.

"Got you." He whispered. You turned around and he slowly let his hand.

"But I've reached first!" You said and wanted to scream when Thomas leaned in to kiss you. His lips covered yours. He pulled you to himself and took your face with other hand. The kiss was soft, but also rough enough.

Your hands were on his shoulders.You tried to push him."Stop." You whispered.

"You can't hide from me for long, princess."He said in hoarse voice.

"Please, stop." After these words he opened his eyes and stepped back.

"What's wrong, Jasmin? We're fucking married. You can't hide from it." You nibbled on your bottom lip."I'm sorry."

He turned away and headed for the door."Where are you going?" But in response there was a slam of the door. You rolled your eyes and breathed out."Is something wrong, Jasmin?"-Cecilia appeared on the stairs.

"No, it's fine,Cecilia. Go to your room."