001 | Once Upon A Time

-1-

[Seventeen years ago...]

"Weiyun...are you sure about giving me your child?" Hwasun looked at her sister with uncertainty about the child she was carrying in her womb.

"They are after me. If I don't leave her with you, she won't survive. She is the one that is able to continue our bloodline if she lives with you." Weiyun looked at her sister with glittering eyes.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Tears automatically started collecting in her sister's eyes.

A small smile appeared on Weiyun's face. "Promise me you'll still take care of this child, no matter what happens to me."

"I-I will." She took her sibling's hand into hers. "But, what will you name her?"

"Her Chinese name should be Xin Jiaying. Since she'll stay in Korea, call her Yeonmi. It's what Hyukmin wanted her name to be if we ever did decide to stay in Korea."

"Don't say that, you will come to live with us!" Hwasun protested.

Weiyun took a deep breath, "They will come for us. Before that, we should get ready for her. We will never know if he'll find us. This barrier magic won't keep our location hidden for long."

---

Thirty minutes from that moment, a beautiful baby girl was born into the last of the very powerful bloodline.

However, she was a special one, too special that her existence was dangerous.

He wanted her.

---

All of a sudden, a swift wind piercing sound was heard amongst Yeonmi's coos.

"WEIYUN!" A masked man entered the cave easily, shocking Weiyun and Hwasun.

"Brother-in-law? What-?" Hwasun replied hoping nothing bad had happened.

Hyukmin slowly walked towards his child, smiling at her as he took her into his arms. "She has your eyes." He then eyed his wife who smiled back at him.

Hyukmin then took his hand and hovered it about Weiyun. Slowly, she regained her color back in her skin, and her surgery scars were healed.

"We don't have much-" But, before he could finish his sentence another group of men had already barged in. Each of them tightly held their weapons which consisted of swords and arrows. They were covered in black clothing from head to toe.