Chapter 1

"Si no estás listo en la próxima hora, vas a arrepentirte hija." My mother yelled up the stairs, her voice echoing into my bedroom, which meant I better get my lazy ass up or else I was going to find her at the end of my bed with some type of kitchen utensil. "Ugh." My body began to ache the moment it realized I had awoken on the floor. I rose off of the floor with my eyes wide awake.  "I'm up, mama!" I yelled out my door and slowly shut it. If my mom wakes me up from a deep sleep to get ready, it usually means she's getting ready to have people come over. Which is always so much fun to get ready for. 

"I want you to wear that cute blue and white striped dress that your abuela got you for your birthday." She requested with the elegant music of the vacuum starting up. "Logan and his family are stopping by for dinner at 5." A light nod of my head confirmed the company coming soon enough. 

The shower in my bathroom was a gruesome sight to look at, which you could blame the landlord for never  following up with our requests. A quick glance in the mirror turned into a horrifying stare as my mind tried to grasp the thought of me being able to toss and turn so much to the point of my hair looking ratted. "Jesus," I whispered under my breath. 

My mom tends to time my showers, as crazy as that sounds. The water bill has been growing and she believes with every fiber in her body that I'm the reason why. Or you know, it could be the dripping faucets all around the townhouse. But instead of giving into her attempts to start an argument with me, I rushed through the bathing process. 

I could hear the spanish curses my mother was spitting at my father once I stepped out of the walk in shower. You'd think they'd be separated by now with all of the fighting, but they have been together for 25 years and I don't think either of them are willing to give up all of that time as a waste. 

The towel around my now damp body dropped to the floor and as I reach out to the striped dress hanging on my towel bar, my phone vibrated twice against the laminate counter top. 

New message from "Logan :)"

Logan: What are ya doing later? 

Is he not aware that he's coming over tonight? I typed back a confused response. 

Stella: Do you not know that you're comin' over tonight?  

Less than a 15 seconds later, his response flashed onto my screen.

Logan: What are you talking about?

Stella: Tonight you and your parent's are coming over for dinner, sometime around 5 I'm pretty sure.

Logan: Shit.. I'm kinda still in bed..

Sounds like him, so I'm not surprised. We've been friends for about twelve years now, which in my head totally means I can make fun of him without sounding like a total cunt. 

Stella: Lmao not surprised your lazy ass isn't still asleep. My mom has been on my ass all morning about getting ready and I don't know what could be sooooo important. It's just YOU after all lol

Logan: Just me? You LOVE me, can't deny it. 

Stella: Sure, sure. Just get ready so I can get this over with ugh.

Logan: I bet you're only saying that so you can see me sooner. Since you know, you can't get enough of me. ;)

Stella: As of a matter of fact, I've had enough of you since 4th grade, Lerman.

Logan: Mmkay sweets, whatever you say. See you soon, love you ;)

First off, 'love you' wasn't anything like that. That was just simply a 'I love you' from a friend to a friend. It didn't not mean like boyfriend/girlfriend love. He only thinks of me as a sister, and him a brother.

Right after my chit chat with Logan, I noticed I was just standing in the middle of my bathroom, naked as the day I was born. "Awkward," I muttered and took in a sharp little breath. Realizing that it was already five past four o'clock, the day felt like it had slipped away quickly. Not to mention sleeping in until two thirty made me feel groggy. 

The dress my mom recommended clung to my body, admiring my hispanic curves and tan skin. I could thank my mama for all of this. From my dark curls all the way to the roundness of my behind. 

 Her eye brows read from what I'm guessing, her plucking them. Her lips were a redish color and her hair was down with her natural curls. She was wearing the outfit she only wears for the special occasions. Her turquoise loose top and black tights.

"Yeah, almost. And mom, it's just Logan and his parents, not the president." I joked around while putting pruducts in my hair, making it have a nice messy look.

"I know, honey. I just thought that i could at least look nice tonight, is that a problem?" She rolled her eyes and put a hand on her hip. Me and her have a nice mother-daughter relationship. We're always joking around with each other.

"No, no. Not at all, mother." I mocked her, putting an innocent face on causing her to roll her eyes once more.

"I'm going to go finish dinner, be down when your done, okay?" She asked and kissing my forehead. After i nodded, she left the room. Finally, i could finish getting ready. All i have is my makeup to put on and i don't put on a lot, so it won't take long.

"All done." I smiled to myself. I had blush, mascara, lipgoss, and some eyeliner on.

Ding. Dong.

There goes the doorbell.