Chapter 4

I woke up and got dressed into black leggings and a gray oversized sweater that said 'Too Lazy To Function' on it I put my hair up in a ponytail and put on my black Nike shoes. I grabbed my bag and went down stairs, smelling bacon and eggs as I came down. I looked in the kitchen to find.....Mrs. Grier?! "Mrs. Grier, What are you doing here, not that I am not happy to see you or anything." I exclaimed. "Your parents went on a business trip and wanted me to take care of you while they were gone" she says. "Oh well thank you, I wish my parents had told me though instead of me finding out like this, do you know when they are coming back?" I ask. "They said they should be back in a month or so maybe longer," she continued,"but you and your brothers will be living with us in our house". Great that means I have to live with Hayes, "where will we be staying" I asked. "You will be in Hayes's room and the boys will be in the room beside Skylynn so they can still play with her" she says. Great, now I am stuck sharing a room with him. " Ok" I simply say. " Now go get your brothers I will be taking them to school and Nash will be taking you and Hayes to school" she tells me. "Yes ma'am" I say and go get the boys. I get in the car with Hayes and Nash and get on my phone. Hayes is beside me and looks at me every now and then while looking at his phone. We get to school and I get out and run to my locker, Mia being already there. " Why did you get out of the car with Hayes?" She asked. " I have to live with him for now because my parents are on a business trip that they failed to tell me about." I said angrily."That has to suck for you, what does Hayes think about all of this anyways?"she asks."I don't know I haven't talked to him since last night at his house" I said, "What were you doing at his house last night" Mia curiously asked, "We had dinner at his house to celebrate since him and Nash got home from Magcon, though I am pretty sure everyone except me and Hayes were celebrating." I say annoyed. Just then Hayes walked by and slapped my books out of my hand,"Hey, what the hell was that for Hayes!" I exclaimed, grabbing my books as I yelled at him. "I don't know what your talking about Nikki" he said innocently, smirking as he kept walking. "You know what the hell I am talking about Grier!" I said throwing a book at him, hitting the back of his head. He turned around glaring at me, as the whole hallway was silent, wondering what was going to happen next. "Did you just throw a freaking book at me!" He yelled, walking towards me angrily. "Maybe I did, but why would you care, oh wait that's right you only care about what happens to you not anyone else, you self-centered little brat!" I spat. Just then I felt something collide with my jaw and soon I was on the floor, my mouth bleeding. I just sat there shocked bc of what just happened, Hayes just hit me, I got up, walked up to him, kneed him in the stomach and started punching the living hell out of him, all of the anger I had felt for him all of these years just came out, suddenly I felt a pair of hands on me dragging me off of him. I looked up to see Nash yelling at me to get off. I stopped dead in my tracks and yelled at him saying " STAY OUT OF MY LIFE, YOU FREAKING HIT ME, I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT I HATE YOU SO MUCH!". Hayes got up and walked to the nurse, Nash took me home and cleaned me up, he asked what happened, but I didn't say anything to him, I just sat there while he doctored me thinking of why Hayes would do that. What did I do make him do what he did, and I didn't know what was going to happen when he got home. I went to Hayes and I's room and got on some yoga pants and a large oversized tee shirt. I crawled into bed and drifted off to sleep.