Chapter 2

Lilly walked over to where the pack was gathered and Jackson soon fallowed, hunter looked to Lilly "Lilly I could expect this from omega, but not you. Why did we have to wait " she asked a hint of anger in her voice. Tia was at hunters side, her blue eyes focused on Lilly as well. Lilly whined and bowed her head "I'm sorry alpha, I was talking with omega..." hunter stood holding her noble stance, she growled showing her teeth "will it happen aging!" She snapped "no alpha it won't happen again I swear by the earth dog" Lilly said softly, hunter nodded and sat back on her hunches "good. You may rise" Lilly rose and walked over to Alex and Jenny and sat. Hunter whispered with tia briefly then addressed the pack "now that every dog is her, it has come to my attention then the patrols are not patrolling the whole perimeter of the camp" she said. Tia nodded and hunter turned to the patrol dogs "Ashley, what is the meaning of this" she barked. Ashley stood to address the pack and there alpha, she spoke with a soft respectful tone "the patrols are doing there best alpha, but we believe that that there is a threat inside the camp" gasps of shook where heard from the pack. The pack whispered to one another until hunter barked "silence!" Hunter turned to face Ashley "why do you think that" she asked, Ashley stood tall her black fur shining in the sun dogs light as he ran to his den "a lot of little things alpha, smells of dogs in odd places, strange noises" Ashley sighed "it could be nothing but it's something we as patrol dogs are trying to find out, so if is a treat we can protect the pack"
Hunter nodded "your devotion to this pack has always been admired Ashley, if possible try spreading the patrols out a bit more, and keep me informed" she said. Ashley wagged her tail and nodded her head "yes alpha, thank you" Ashley sat back down next to coddie who licked her muzzle affectionately. Hunter turned to face tia "beta you may speak" tia nodded "thank you alpha" she spoke. Tia stood and addressed her pack "as many of you may know, the deer are beginning to move on, meaning the ice wind are coming" tia paused and looked to Andy, then resumed addressing the pack "hunters must focus on trying to catch small pray, rabbits ,voles ,birds, however deer are still needed, if the opportunity to hunt deer comes up do it with multiple dogs and watch your techniques. That's all I have to say" hunter licked her betas ear softly "thank you beta" she then addressed the pack one last time "you are all dismissed for now" hunter and tia walked off towards hunters den. Ashley barked "patrol dogs to me" she lead the patrol dogs to there den, leaving the hunters alone.

Andy yawned and lied on the ground stretching out his forelegs. Jake and jinxx joined him, Alex turned to ruby "Lilly is acting strange" he murmured, ruby turned to face him "what do you mean? She seems fine to me" ruby barked. Alex looked down "you don't know her like I do, she's never late for pack meetings, and she's acting very submissive. She won't even look at omega, I think something happened between them" he said, ruby sighed "lets go talk to your mother dog, as beta she could help figure something out" he said to Alex "good point" Alex barked. Ruby and Alex walked towards tia's den where the black beta sat watching the sun dog set. Alex trotted over to tia, tia turned and smiled "Alex, Ruby" ruby smiled and bowed his head respectively and Alex walked up to tia a nuzzled his mother dogs neck "mother we need to talk" Alex said softly. Tia nodded "what's on your mind" she said in a kind voice.  Alex sat next to tia and sighed "I think something happened between Lilly and omega... she's acting strange mother and she is avoiding omega now..." tia looked to Alex, she sighed "I will speak with Lilly, and I'll have Ashley be there. I'll get to the bottom of this Alex thank you for bringing it to my attention." She said, Alex nodded "thank you for listening mother" Alex stood and began walking with Ruby, tia barked suddenly "Alex!" Alex turned to face his mother dog "tell your father to come speak with me" tia said. Alex smiled and nodded "yes beta" then walked off with ruby.