Lucky first day.

A.N. Just a warning, I have no plot for this so this is purely me attempting to improvise. I have no idea where I'm going with this story-wise and I haven't worked on any stories in the past 3-4 years unless you count GCSE english lessons. I don't write outside of school anymore because I struggle with creativity and I hate the way I word things because I can't find the perfect word to describe things and end up rambling like so. I hope you enjoy wherever this goes nonetheless.

"My name is Chelsea Stonem, I recently moved from New York and decided to attend this school, as you can see." I express innocently, looking out to the audience of wide-eyed, eager teenagers in front of me. I tugged at my sleeves awkwardly, waiting for some sort of response from the dry crowd.

I'm greeted by a teacher, gesturing for me to take the empty seat in the front desk as I was finished introducing myself to the newfound class. "Thank you, Chelsea. hopefully we can all help you settle into this school." She says, smiling sweetly.

I sit quietly and feel eyes glare at my every move, turning me to stone. Have they ever seen a new student before? I smirk to myself. I keep my view targeted to the teacher in front of the class, and avoided all of the eyes surrounding me.

This is my last year until I leave school completely, so this could be an interesting final year. Or I might just be finding any reason to pull through even though I know that currently everyone around me is silently judging me.

Within a few moments, the teacher assigned everyone work and of course, made me hand out all the papers to every individual table. I thought 'fuck it', accepted the papers and started approaching all tables. Slowly aligning the papers to every person I saw present, I noticed that people here weren't really that welcoming. All the responses I received were scoffs of disapproval or cold-hearted glares. Not one had the manners to mutter a small thanks. I was thinking about abandoning my hope for a positive year here until I approached the desk of someone who somehow seemed different to the rest of the students here.

I smiled brightly at the curly haired boy as I handed him his paper. "I know, you're probably thinking everyone here is a judgemental asshole." he mutters, reading my mind exactly. I nod slowly and add, "You don't seem like a judgemental asshole though.". He grins with content and meets my eyes. The hazel eyes complimented his heart-shaped face and added even more innocence and kindness to his stature.

Making my day even brighter, he adds: "If you want, you can totally come and sit with my friends and I for lunch."

"I'd like that." I smile.

—————— 1:00pm——————

So far this school is killing me, it's exhausting putting a smile on your face and repeating the same introduction speech every period and being met by displeased stares. No student seemed to excel the other guy's kindness, but some came close. None of them seemed to want to form any type of friendship outside of classes, but obviously they didn't mind being acquaintances. I didn't really judge them for it, maybe they just like to keep to themselves.

I couldn't remember where the schools food court was, I decided to follow the crowd of students swarming into a hall filled with people so I guessed I was here. I didn't realise how many people actually attended this school. How was I going to find the table he was talking about out of all of these people?